MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Resuming the Sunday morning runs

Melissa's is just over 6 weeks away! Ack!!!! So today, H-woman and I are running 11.25km (or 7 miles). It's been a while for me since I've run this long, so it'll be interesting to see how long it takes to get the "groove back".
Brekkie consists of an Ezekiel English muffin with almond butter and raspberry jam, and a serving of Liberte Orange Mango Mediterranean yogurt (it's dang good, but I wish I had looked at the fat grams BEFORE I purchased and tasted it!! Oops!!! 14 per serving...what was I thinking?), and a glass of chocolate moo.
Dinner last night was very good! I just received the latest edition of the Clean Eating magazine, and inside was a recipe for Thai Coconut Shrimp. Yum!! The sauce consisted of red peppers, tomatoes, Thai green curry, basil leaves, light coconut milk, onions, ginger and garlic. While that burbled (official cooking term...) away, I dipped the biggest shrimp I've found in ages in egg white (after tossing in S&P and some chai seeds - was supposed to be ground flax, but I had chai, so I used them) and then in shredded coconut. Arranged on my clay baking sheet and baked for about 15 minutes, or till the shrimp were cooked and the coconut golden. Served it all over a cup of brown and wild rice (I just add about a tbsp or more to the regular brown rice and cook it all together...great flavour and texture). I was a tad full, because I did cook more shrimp than I needed, but it's been awhile since I had them, so I indulged!
Okay...breakfast is now in me, water bottle and running gear ready, so I'm off to H-woman's. Run update later.

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Chai seeds? Or chia...=P

Looks yummy! I need to subscribe to the magazine--Shoppers still had the last edition on the shelf.

Great run!
H =)

Carol said...

Sorry...seeds. It confuses me that they are both called the same thing!
:)

Blog Archive