MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Too"

What started out as a lovely, albeit freaking cold, day quickly turned into a pissy one after I was told I was "too loud". All my life, I've been "too"...too tall, too skinny, too fat, too loud, too quiet, too redhead, too brown, too happy, too sad, too fast, too slow. Really?? I had really hoped to have outgrown all those feelings. After all, it's taken a very long time for me to get to the point where I truly heart myself, and all it took was one person to say "too". I know it's not my boss that is complaining...I'm sure I could sit there, swearing like a trucker, burping and throwing garbage around, as long as my job got done to the same high standards I set for myself. No, no...it's someone that works nearby, and that doesn't have the balls to come right up to me and say "sorry, but you're bothering me" and I would do my best to work on my levels. I do know I have a loud voice (drama training...voice must reach the very back of the theatre as well as the front) and do try to be considerate, since I work in a cube-fame, but instead you had to run to my boss like we're all a bunch of 4 year-olds. Seriously pissy mood!!! I just kept reminding myself how much I love my job and working there...and that coworkers are just a cross we have to bear.

Walked home in the frigid cold...sadly the wind had picked up again, so the -19C of the daytime suddenly became -31C with the windchill. I was frozen through by the time I got home. Kitty cuddles helped with my mood, before I whipped down to Costco to pick up my new glasses! I ordered them on December 17th, but I guess "old-people" glasses take longer to make! Yes, I am now the proud wearer of Progressives...Trifocals! Yikes!! When did I get old?!?!


I think they look pretty sharp (picked them out, all by myself) and so far haven't had any issues with them. Drove to Eau Claire (don't think I hit anything!), but since I was running late at this time (didn't leave Costco until after 6) I decided against changing and going out for a run. Instead I grabbed a coffee and waited for the frozen popsicles that were my friends to arrive. Sure enough, they showed up shortly, as everyone cut their runs short tonight. Seriously cold outside!

Went for a beer (of course) and got home relatively early. I'm going to take advantage of the early hour and head for bed and try to face tomorrow with a better frame of mind. Or is that asking "too" much??

Later,

No comments: