MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, July 30, 2010

Long weekend

Thank God it's Friday and thank Him even more for the one extra day off work!! I am running myself ragged, and need a day to recoup.

Went to a new Vietnamese place for lunch, and while it wasn't our absolute favourite Vietnam Fortune, it is a close second. The shrimp salad rolls were totally fresh, and the chicken satay pho (with extra veggies) was good, albeit on the slightly spicier side than I'm used to. Still not the broth of Fortune, but it was very good.

Had a bit of a meltdown with our payroll department...not over my pay, but over our work. See, what I do is reconcile and balance certain departments where I work, and in order to do that, I need a report from payroll that lists all the pay for the period. Normally we get this report a few days before month end but today, at 8 am, we were still asking for it. I was calm, and just pointed out that if we didn't get the report soon, we would most likely be working the long weekend and asked who from payroll would be joining us. After all, we can't balance if we can't get questions answered from them. Lo and behold the report finally showed up, along with phone, email and in-person apologies, and finally, whatever we asked for was dealt with faster than it has been in months! Guessing a couple of heads rolled in their morning meeting!! Whatever...when I left at 3:30, only 2 of the 17 areas were left to balance, and that places us in great position to move on to the next phase on Tuesday. Enjoyable weekend, here I come.

No great plans...also have some tenants moving this weekend, so I'll have some walk-through/showings to do. Long run on Sunday (23km!) and will try to get to the medical supply store tomorrow to price out beds and other essentials for Dad. To quote Mom tonight..."I really don't like this place". Think she now wants Dad home too, although she has been living as a single lady for 4 months now. That's going to be a hard adjustment!!

Dinner was leftover salmon from last night, along with some spinach dip and flax chips. Very high in fibre (10gr) but also in salt. I can feel my lips shriveling as I type.

Going to shut 'er down for the night, and try to catch up on some sleep over the weekend. Hope everyone has a grand one, regardless of where they are and what they're doing. And watch for some revisions to this blog...I want to focus some more on running (I'm not very good/consistent at the food pictures) and working out, as well as trying to live life as a healthy 47-yr-old. Think I may have a thing or two to say about that.

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive