MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Where did the day go?

Okay, there may have been a nap somewhere in the day that wiped out a few hours (yes, I truly nap like a cat!!), but man, it's midnight?!
Weigh-in: up .8, which is fine. I did go over my flex points, but also managed a good sweat every day and generally made good food choices. Even managed to bypass Nanaimo-gate - my coworker decided that I needed an entire tray (144 points worth!) of Nanaimo squares for my birthday, but I foiled her evil plans when I set out plates, forks and a note, telling everyone else to help themselves! Okay, I did eat one square (6 pts) but I tried not to enjoy it! Ha!!! New day, new week, new goals. And another new meeting! Weight Watchers is moving my Faye to another meeting, to cover for a leave, but where she goes, I will follow. Sorry, Weight Watchers...you can't shake me that easily!!
After a quick coffee with H-woman, and picking up cat food for the kids, who really do eat better than I do, I came home and made a lunch of cottage cakes, topped with crushed pineapple and a touch of maple syrup. They're quite easy: 1 egg, 1/4 c milk, 1/2 c cottage cheese, 3/4 c flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt. I make mine sweeter by adding about a tbsp of sugar and a splash of vanilla. Today I also added a hint of cinnamon. Topped with the drained, crushed pineapple, a tsp of real butter and some maple syrup...they were quite delish.
With the belly now full, I stretched out on the couch and woke up about an hour later, totally disoriented!! Decided I wasn't fully awake yet, so I laid down with the furbabies on the bed, and napped for another hour or so. Much better!
Decided I needed to enjoy the day for what it was, so I walked downtown to make a deposit in the bank, and then back to Safeway to pick up some fruit and veggies and milk. Can't believe I was out of milk! When I got home, I pulled a piece of pork t-loin from the freezer and started to marinade it in a mix of evoo, apple cider vinegar, S&P and crushed coriander. Finally seared it in a hot oven, then turned the heat down to roast the meat, along with a tray of chopped sweet potato, apple (hence the vinegar on the pork) and some cinnamon and more coriander. Lastly, I roasted off some chopped up brussel sprouts with evoo. The sweet potatoes and apple roasted up beautifully together, creating almost a caramel sauce on themselves! Holy YUMMY!!!
This was after an afternoon snack of a glass of milk. I HEART milk! I HEART all dairy!! Now, don't quote me, but there may have been some Cadbury Mini Eggs that somehow made their way into my shopping bag, and then my mouth! Just sayin...don't know how that happened! Good thing I'm running 29km in the morning!
Speaking of, guess it's time to really get to bed.
Shout out to our boys on ice & snow, as Canada brought home more 3 more GOLD (and set a record in the process, thank you very much!) and a BRONZE, just for the heck of it. I was also happy to see Finland beat Slovakia, and win bronze, just because I will always be a Flames fan at heart, and love Kipper!
Last day tomorrow! Let's really set the bar, shall we, and show 'em how it's done!
GO CANADA GO!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive