MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, February 15, 2010

Family Day blues

That is because my company doesn't observe Family Day. Now, before we all get upset and call the labour board, let me clarify. My company is national (sort of) and thinks all things should be equal for everyone. That is to say, even though I work at the Corporate Office, we don't call it that, and if there's something for one person, it's for all of us. No I in Team and all that. Which is a good philosophy...so, because we have offices in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC, and BC is still holding out on a provincial holiday in February, none of us get the day off. We do however get an extra day at Easter, observing Easter Monday. I don't know of anyone else who gets Easter Monday off, other than maybe catholic school teachers! And we get a half day on Christmas Eve and a half day on New Year's Eve...so I'll work in February. If I'm dying for a break, I'll use a vacation day.
Of course, it made for a slightly creepy walk in this morning...like walking in a scene out of some apocalyptic movie! Reminded me that I do indeed live downtown, in not one of the "best" areas...I walked a little faster and carried my keys in full defense mode! I was ready to take down anyone who got too close!
Good day at work - glory be - finally got the program for the tax forms working, and have printed off about 200 of the 1300 to do! Copied and stamped and ready to be stuffed...just need the mailing labels now. Little walk at lunch, mainly because every building I wanted in to was locked, and I needed to withdraw some cash. Did enjoy the sunshine and + temperatures for once, although I wasn't running today. Hope it holds out for tomorrow's tempo.
Legs feel good, even after yesterday's run. Lats and arms are still sore from Friday's whipping though, so I was not looking forward to tonight's boot camp. I was right to be scared!
Got to Boot Camp, and for a while there I thought maybe I didn't get the memo...saying class was cancelled. Finally another person showed up, and we both sat there wondering where everyone was. Finally, we spied Josh across the way. Turns out the 5pm class was indeed cancelled, and to be amalgamated with the 6pm class...but Josh was understanding that we didn't get the email, so he worked us both into a sweaty mess. We ran to warm up (oooooo...there's the legs from yesterday's run!!!) and then hit the cross bar for chin-ups and more lat work. Josh really had me push it today, and I felt the difference almost right away. He also said, grudgingly I think, that it appears that I was learning lots from the marathon clinic, as my running looks really good now...gosh...blushing now! Anyway, we finished that and moved to the mats for a quick circuit of drop-leg flies, lunges, step-ups, incline presses and a sprint. Repeat 3 times, collapse to ground! Finished off the evening following the owl (they are quick!) and then some good old v-sit, bench presses and jack-knifes. I'm feeling it in my abs already.
After a quickie visit with H-woman, I came home and inhaled my cold, leftover stir-fry, while some more dumplings fried up in the pan. Now I am sated and ready for bed again!
Going to watch some Olympic highlights and then hit the sack, I think. This old body needs her rest!
Oh, and don't forget (well, do forget, because that may increase my odds of winning!! LOL!!) to head over to Jaime of Embracing Balance to check out the latest giveaway. Yum, yum, yum!
GO CANADA GO!

No comments:

Blog Archive