MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday nighty-night

Just got home from a friend's surprise birthday party at the Ranche. I tried to get there for 6, but as usual I got confused, and totally missed the turn! I wasn't too late though, although I did miss the "SURPRISE" part. There were some friends I haven't seen in awhile (met most of this group about 17 years ago, and it's nice how it has stayed pretty much the same, between marriages and kids, etc.) so it was nice getting caught up and shocking them all with my new look. I still enjoy the double-takes people do when they look at me.
I had researched the menu (had no idea what was going on tonight) but it turns out that P. had arranged for munchies and we got our own drinks. There were little appies being walked around (I felt so 'black-tie') of bruschetta, smoked salmon wrapped around baby arugula and roasted prawns. Then the table was set up with more fire-roasted prawns (these things were the size of a lobster tail, I swear!) with two dips, duck breast (which was freaking AWESOME), some home-made sausage and pate (could have been wild meat at that), a pickle platter, some veggies, a ton of fruit (and the best cantaloupe I've had in years) and cheese. Some rustic breads and crackers rounded it out. I indulged in two glasses of wine (yummy) and had a little bite of everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't. Then I switched to water. The birthday cake came out, which they then sliced and handed out. I took a small corner piece, and to my delight, it was a wonderful carrot cake with cream cheese icing. As it was a tad rich, and I was getting full, I didn't eat it all, and was okay with that.
No exercise today, mainly because of the party, but I did walk to and from work, and to and from my chiropractor's at lunch. So I guess there was some exercise.
Left the party early (everyone was heading off to the birthday girl's house), as weight watchers is at 7:30 in the morning! Man, I am dedicated!!!
We'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive