MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Smokin' Steady

Pretty much a typical day at the office, although I have finished printing, stamping and copying the 1300 tax forms that I've been working on all week. Now they just have to be stuffed and mail. A full week ahead of schedule! Yay me!!
Breakfast was my usual oatmeal (I heart Nutella), with a glass of milk as a snack first thing...I was so hungry when I got up this morning. As I came home at lunch to pick up something for a coworker, I decided to take advantage of the walk and popped into Safeway to pick up a couple of things, including lunch. Ended up with a green salad (which I added extra grape tomatoes and lettuce to) and a turkey wrap. Afternoon snack was a piece of cheese (from our Healthy snack basket) and an apple.
Came home, and did my usual cook/eat/change and out the door routine, making it to the Running Room in time for tonight's talk. Dinner was fast, but good...I made clam chowder. In a pot, I sauteed off a slice of bacon (diced) along with some celery, carrot and onion. Once the bacon was crispy, I added some of the clam water to de-glace the pan, and then the drained clams and a can of cream of potato soup. To that I added enough milk to make it "soupy". Ate it with a toasted whole wheat thin-bun.
Which was about stretching and injury prevention. Got some good advice on how to stretch out my oh-so-tight shins too. Then we headed out for the 8km Steady. Everyone broke into their pace groups, and then that's when I realized...I was my pace group tonight! We all took off, and for about 2km I managed to stay right on the heels of the 4:45 group...yes, that's the group that running a whole hour faster than my group!!! They finally started to pull away after that point, and then I lost them when a) I had to stop and tie a shoelace, and b) I got stuck at the lights! But I wasn't that far behind, which made me very happy. My average pace was 7:23, whereas the 5:45-to finish pace is 7:59. And it felt good. Did a lot of stretching, before coming home.
Going to try and catch some Olympic highlights (thank god for shoot-outs!) before crawling into bed. Really focusing on getting enough sleep, as I always seem to be lacking in this department.
GO CANADA GO!

No comments:

Blog Archive