MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rockin' Gold!

And it just keeps rolling in, doesn't it? Women's Hockey - GOLD for Canada! Yeah, baby!! It is our game! And Joannie wins Bronze, which is phenomenal (considering we haven't medaled in women's skating since '88, and the sudden, terrible passing of her mother - no pressure at all!)...we're guaranteed medals in both men and women's curling, so what the heck, let's shoot for Gold again. I'm hoping the ladies of hockey inspire the boys of hockey. Good games, thus far.
Let's see...how was my day? Oatmeal for breakfast, although I forgot about a 90 minute meeting I had scheduled, just after I got it ready. Oh well, cold nutella oatmeal is just as good as hot. For lunch, I piled a mass of mixed greens, sliced red pepper, artichoke hearts, tomato slices, a can of smoked tuna (only 1 point!) and some herbed goat cheese on a plate, and topped with Kraft Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette. Quite fabulous!
Rushed home, changed and headed back downtown with the car for a going away party, of sorts. It's not really going away, as this guy from work is taking a 6 month paternity leave (so his wife can go back to work), so we had a send off night out. Guess it'll be the last of grown-up conversations or something...whatever...good excuse to go watch the hockey game and enjoy a pint. Which was on special, BTW...hard to find Guinness on special. I wolfed down a turkey clubhouse with side salad, as it's running clinic tonight as well. Finished my beer, wished everyone well, and rushed off to the Running Room. Got there with a minute to spare. Luckily it was clinic night and not just a run, so I knew I had a half hour or so for my "dinner" to settle. Talk was about Garmins, as the nutritionist was sick tonight (probably a good thing, given my pre-run choice!). Then we went out for a 10km steady. Garrath ran with C. and I, as he didn't want us two ladies running the "scary bits" of downtown Calgary on our own. Actually I am thankful he joined as, as C. is a bit of a turtle, and he kept our pace up. In fact, after he left us at km #8, our pace slowed a full minute/km. I'd like to run more with him, as he's a wealth of information, and I'm intrigued as to how an elite runner does it (he does 3 hr marathons...I am in awe!). Good conversations (and I'm proud that I could hold one the whole time we were running), some good laughs and great advice.
Home, watched the medal ceremony for Bobsled, and the free skate for the ladies. That Korean girl is scary good!
I think it's time for bed...I appear to be folding into my desk, and my eyes are at half mast...must be all the fresh air and exercise and absolutely nothing to do with a pint of Guinness in my belly.
:)
GO CANADA GO!

No comments:

Blog Archive