MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just a quickie

Up yesterday at weigh-in - was expected after Friday night, but not as much as it was...that was a bit of let-down, as I managed to find what I lost the previous week. Oh well...just makes me resolve to get back down that much harder this week.
After breakfast at Cora's with two old friends, I came home and CRASHED! I just laid down with the furbabies because they were so cute on the bed, and woke up 3 hours later! Oops!! Didn't feel like going for my 6k steady, so I opted to do laundry instead. Dinner was a hodge-podge of whole wheat tortillas, artichoke dip and chicken nugget things from Safeway. I was back in bed (and asleep) just after 10.
Got up bright and early for our 19k LSD. It was, once again, cool (-12C or so) and foggy, so everything in Calgary was covered with a layer of frost. I mean EVERYTHING! But the paths weren't too bad...we took a slightly different route today, which took us up a very long hill, which I am proud to say I ran the whole thing, head held high! Across the top, down into Edworthy (where I have Boot Camp) and back to Eau Claire. We even did some speed drills, pushing to race pace for 500 meter bursts. Our average pace was 8:57/km, which considering our average should be 8:59-10, I thought was pretty good. Heart rate was a respectable 142 (82% - getting stronger - Yay!) and I burned a total of 1252 calories (there went Friday night's wine and munchies!).
Came home (after a quick latte) and showered and changed, to go to a friend's baby shower. Well...friend isn't the right word - see, she used to be one of my WW leaders! And then, with a career change, she left us and her mother took over. She too, left, and then the meeting was closed and long story short, I'm up a few friends and down a few leaders and back with Faye on Saturday mornings! So, it was really nice to see J. again (it's been over 2 years) and her mom - even knew one other person at the party. I'm not much into babies, admittedly, but I do love buying them clothes, because it's all just so darn freaking cute!!! I got little Malcolm a hoodie and matching sketchers!! C.U.T.E!!!!! Did some visiting, controlled the eating (I had just come off a 19k run, so it could have been ugly!!), and then headed for home. She lives WWWWAAAAAYYYYY out in the 'burbs...it scared me a little!
I am home now, and had dinner of salsa, guac, ww tortillas (not chips!) and some nacho cheese dip. I am full and satisfied. Going to make some pasta and have "nacho" mac & cheese for lunch tomorrow, and then head for bed.
Back to the grind tomorrow, and Boot Camp (oh, how I missed you on Friday)...must lose what I found this week, and then some.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive