MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Awesome Tempo run

Started typing in the title as "Rocked the Tempo Run" and it popped up, as I've used it before. Probably last week...but this week I killed it even more!!!! Last time I rocked it, I managed a pace of 7:56/km. Today was 7:37/km!!! YA-FREAKING-HOO!!!!! The 'to finish' tempo pace is 8:09, so I'm really happy with the progress I am making.
Dad came home today, but not via the Carol Taxi...as mentioned, I found a service that picks up and delivers, in an ambulance type vehicle, to make the transportation easy and comfortable for the patient. Dad said they were really nice, and quite awesome, so I'm glad it all worked out. After all, as great as my job and my boss are, I can't just pick up and leave whenever I want! Guess I could, but then I'd find I have all day to choose from, if you get my drift!
Breakfast was the usual oatmeal concoction, and lunch was a turkey sandwich on a thintini bun. Some light havarti and some celery to munch on the side, and a 1/2 c of 1% cottage cheese managed to fill me up. Rounded the afternoon off with a peach yogurt.
For once, I didn't have to rush off somewhere right after work, but I still jumped in the car (habit!) and whipped over to the vet to pick up some needles for George.
I just had to take a picture of his feet, as they are just adorable! He has the extra toe on every foot, but his front feet look the goofiest...and he was just sitting there, falling asleep standing up...silly man!
As I was leaving the vets, I then decided to take advantage of 10% Tuesday at Safeway. Picked up some much needed stuff, and managed to walk out of there $100 poorer, but I think I did okay. Cupboards and pantry are full, and I had a nice dinner of Epicure souvlaki pork tenderloin, a sliced tomato and some sliced cucumber and a side risotto.
It's one of those packaged things (couldn't do one that had "meat" in it...yuck - how processed has that got to be, for meat to stay safe on a shelf??) and I had to chose carefully, to find the one with the lowest sodium. While it is wickedly convenient (2 minutes in the microwave), it wasn't worth the effort.
It was rather bland, and mushy, and nary a "grilled Mediterranean vegetable" to be seen. Now I know...lesson learned.

I must head down to the office to drop off an Epicure order I've been sitting on for a few days, and then it's back home to bed! I am wiped out.
Tomorrow night will be Mom's CT scan, so that will be an interesting adventure, I'm sure. She's already called me twice about it...today...sigh...
I have to say though, with all the parental stress over the last week, I managed to leave Safeway tonight WITHOUT a bag of cookies, a box of chocolates (the Valentines and Easter stuff is competing for shelf supremacy right now!) or a bag of chips. Well done me!
Celebrate the small victories, people!
Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

Whoo hoo--for the run, dad getting home and leaving Safeway sans carbs!

H =)

Blog Archive