MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And the Tempo continues...

I was tired today...my legs felt like lead. I had no energy. While running, I accidentally stopped the timer, and ended up about a half kilometer into the run before I realized...and yet, I still managed to pull off a 7:31/km tempo for 6km! Where were these legs last year?!
Breakfast: nutella/banana/coconut oatmeal. It is a daily repeat, but delicious, and I like it!
Lunch: tried the Safeway Eating Right Turkey & Bean chili. High in fibre (6 gr) and low in fat, a half a can is only 4 points. And it has a bit of a kick to it! And the best part is I could pronounce everything in the ingredients list. Rounded that out with a green salad (with evoo & balsamic) and an apple. Afternoon snack was one of the new Yoplait yogurts...the one with extra calcium & vitamin D. It was yogurt...nothing special. Most certainly not Liberte Coconut!!
Dinner: since I was in a huge hurry today (had to pick up Mom in the deep southwest, and drive to the deep northeast for a CT scan this evening) and I had a piece of snapper in the fridge, I decided to make "fish & chips". I took the piece of fish, and rubbed a bit of evoo on it, and then dipped it into some panko crumbs that had S&P and Epicure Fine Herbs mixed in. Then, beside the fish in the baking dish, I put some of the McCains Roasted Potato chunks. Baked till done, and with some malt vinegar on the potatoes and tarter (miracle whip, relish & lemon juice) sauce, and I had a close substitute for the real thing, without all the deep-fried goodness! Unfortunately I was so hungry, and in such a rush, I forgot to take a picture!
CT scan went good, I think. Let's see...30 minutes to get there, 30 minutes waiting, 5 minutes for the scan, and 30 minutes to get home. Yup...that's the night in a nutshell! And explaining to Mom for the 18th time why we were doing this...today!
After a quick trip into work to drop off an Epicure order (I was too tired last night), I am home and in my jammies, and after this post, am aiming to be in bed by 10pm.
Let's see if I can rock the 8km Steady tomorrow night as well as I rocked the Tempos this week! This kind of running, I like!!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive