MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little more steady today

Woke up feeling great after the last two Tempo runs...ankle felt good, legs strong, etc. Didn't run at lunch, since I knew we had the Steady run coming up after marathon clinic. Instead, I wandered over to the bank, which was far enough...the fog of yesterday turned into baby-powder fine snow overnight, making everything just a little on the slick side.
I had packed my usual oatmeal for breakfast, but decided at the last minute to save that till tomorrow...I wanted an egg burrito from downstairs. They use whole wheat wraps, and it has peppers and onions in it (okay, some chorizo as well), and I always dip it into salsa. Yummy way to start the day!
Lunch was a turkey sandwich on whole wheat thintini, but that was it. So I also got a bowl of soup (cream of mushroom, which according to the deli's website, doesn't even have cream in it!) and a tossed garden salad (no dressing). That filled me up. Afternoon snack was a grapefruit (worked off the calories just peeling it to eat it!) and the new Asano yogurt (more calcium) - still 2 points a serving. I miss yogurt that a spoon can stand up in, frankly!
Came home and was so tired, I actually set the alarm and laid down for about 45 minutes. Not sure if I slept, but I did feel a tad better afterwards. Dinner was another quickie, as marathon clinic starts at 6pm. I tossed whole wheat rotini with a diced regular tomato, some sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) and a teaspoon of evoo. Topped it with some shards of Parmesan, and dinner was served. Again, thought to take the picture AFTER I ate! Oops!!
Marathon clinic was a yoga class tonight. What I learned is that I am not bendy! At all!!! Even my arches won't bend, as we did one move that should be used to torture terrorists with! With respect for the fact that we all just did yoga, Garrath sent us out on a shorter steady run of only 6km, but it was up a rather impressive hill. It started out slow - we had a girl join us tonight that thought we were the 5 hour group, not realizing we are the 5.5 hour group...top that with the fact that the humid, cold air was not getting along with my lungs - it was a struggle to get going. BUT I ran the whole hill, and didn't slow down, maintaining a decent pace the whole time. Sadly, once we got to the top it was all residential, and therefore really loose snow or ruts. My ankle is not pleased!!! As I said, I'm getting weary of running in sand! Yes, I burn more calories, and I'm really working my butt, but I'm getting tired of having to work this hard every run. A dry path would be a treat one day!
Finished the run, did some serious stretching (my right hip wants to pop so bad - good thing I'm seeing the chiro tomorrow) and after picking up some Gu/Carb Boom and a new one (Vanilla Orange - tastes like creamsicles!), I am home. Okay, one more side stop to dump the recyclables, and NOW I am home, and in jammies. I may even make it till 10!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive