MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today is my birthday...

Nana, nana, nana, nah...Happy Birthday to me...nana, nana, nana, nah!
I did skip yesterday's post in favour of going to bed, so quick recap of the day.
- down 1.8 at WW, and hitting the 46 total lost (again...). Fifty is in my sights, and I will hit it soon!
- coffee with the ladies was fabulous with loads of laughs. I love those conversations where someone says something and everyone bursts out with a good old belly laugh. The whole morning was like that.
- H-woman and I decided to try and find something "Canadian" to show our patriotism, but sadly, unless either one of us is a small child, there is NOTHING in Calgary for us...and we went to the Bay, Roots and Lulu. Apparently all stock is in Vancouver, being snapped up at a record pace.
- after a quick stop at the Post office (I was picking up a copy of the Spirit of the Marathon on DVD, and a book called Super Eating - a revolutionary way to get more from the foods you eat. I'm interested in this, as I'd like to eat for running and get the most out of my foods. I'll keep you all posted on was it has to say), we also made a side trip to the Farmer's Market. I didn't really need a lot, but we haven't been for weeks. Enjoyed a plate of moussaka and Greek salad from the Greek Ladies, and picked up some olives for me. I had just picked up veggies and cheese at Safeway, so they'll have to do until next time.
- came home, napped a little and then met up with H-woman and S. for our trip to the Calgary Winefest, which was a lot of fun. Tried many, many, many wines and nibbled on beef on a bun, pulled chicken, lots of cheese (3 booths, all serving different samples...H. & I were in HEAVEN!), mini brownies and cream puffs, and for me, lots of water. After all, I had a long, long-slow distance to run today, and waking up hung-over would be bad! Didn't really find anything that wowed me like last time, but I do have a couple of new favourites to hunt down.

So, that was yesterday...today I woke up 1 year older. I am 47...forty-seven...wow...really???? FORTY-SEVEN?? How on earth did THAT happen?! I am happy to say I don't feel a day over 46...kidding...I feel great (for my age) and can't wait for the next 47 years. Not even sure if I've hit middle age yet...and why is it girls don't get sport cars and younger mates?? All we get is hormonal (yet again), sweats and hot-flashes. Super!!!
Got up at 7, had a breakfast of oatmeal (including milk, banana, nutella and coconut) and a glass of moo, before heading down to the Running Room for today's 26km LSD. This will be the furthest I've run since last May in Vancouver and I am most interested in how my legs/shins & feet are going to take it. We did stick to a long-slow pace, actually just a hair faster than what is recommended in our training (program says 8:59-10:00 and we did 8:51). Felt good till about km 22-23, when my one hip started bothering me. Feels like it wants to pop, so I'll focus on some more stretches tonight to try and work it out. I can walk pretty good, and go up & down stairs like a normal person! Yay... The day started clear but cold (-15C/5F) but warmed up through the run to end this afternoon at +5C (41F). All in all a great day for a run.
My family is low key when it comes to holidays/celebrations, so in typical fashion, I am home alone on my birthday...but H-woman and I are heading out for Chinese soon! I don't want people to feel sorry for me, but my Mom (suffering from Alzheimer's) doesn't want to deal with the "fuss" (it's her birthday tomorrow!), my one brother and his wife are in Australia and my other brother - well, that's a whole other blog story!!! That's okay...I'm a big girl now, and can make my own fun!
Happy Birthday to all Pisces out there, and Happy Sunday to everyone else!
Sad to see the Canadian fall in the ski cross (ouch!!!) but still not giving up hope on my country.
GO CANADA GO!!!

2 comments:

H-woman said...

And Zellers. Don't foget Zellers.

H =)

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I sure do hope that when I'm 47 I am still running, and 26 km nonetheless! Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend.

There's no good Canadian gear in Kamloops either. I'm sure it's ALL in Vancouver!

Blog Archive