MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last minute changes

Breakfast - check... I don't know if I'll ever get bored of oats/milk/banana/nutella & coconut. I have a happy mouth and tummy when I eat it. And it gives me great energy for my lunch time run.
Tuesday is Tempo day, and I totally rocked it, yet again! Which is funny, because I felt sooooooo sluggish when I headed out. And I couldn't decide if I was too hot or too cold (it was -4C, but sunny, but then the breeze was cold...go figure!) and on it went...so I stopped looking at my Garmin and just ran, telling myself I could stop after 5k and walk (on orders from my marathon instructor). I just kept repeating that mantra over and over...and then finally, the blessed beep signaling that the fifth km was done, and I could finally walk and catch my breath. After about 250 - 300 km, I started running slowly again, and finished out the 6th km before seeing how I did. Holy...that's all I have to say.
km #1 (warm-up): 7:09.39 - yikes...a tad fast for a warm-up!
km #2: 6:42.36 (WTF?!?!?!)
km #3: 7:00.59
km #4: 7:07.68
km #5: 6:53.07 (seriously - who is this person wearing my runners and Garmin?!)
km #6 (cool-down): 8:02.21
Overall, my average pace was 7:10/km, or about a minute faster than my Tempo pace for my time group is posted at! The best part is how I'm feeling after the runs...I'm recovering almost immediately, I feeling good, walking like a normal person, am in little or no pain...there is a lot to be said for training smart. Who would have thunk it?!
Came back and inhaled my lunch, which was leftover Hot & Sour soup (spicy!!) and a half a red pepper, a chunk of cucumber and a good handful of grape tomatoes. Round it out with a small yogurt and then a grapefruit, and I was feeling okay.
I was just eating my afternoon snack of an apple with a piece of cheese (to prepare to donate blood) when H-woman put the call out for noodles for supper. OMG...I haven't have noodles (chicken satay pho with extra vegetables, and shrimp salad rolls to start!) at our favourite Vietnamese place in MONTHS! I am so there!!! Went and donated (bled out in 4:17...I like this being fast thing, apparently) and was in and out of the clinic in just under an hour. Picked up H-woman and we went for glorious, fabulous, orgasmic noodles...sigh...happy belly!
Now home, catching up on blogs, emails, WW news (which will have to wait till Saturday - sorry kids) and watching co-worker Kaillie Humphries & her partner kick some bobsleigh BUTT, and Ashleigh McIvor get her GOLD medal, although she was way more reserved than I would have been, and finally (through many tears) watching Joannie skate beautifully. Gold medals, course records and SNOW at Cyprus...I really do BELIEVE!
GO CANADA GO!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive