MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, February 19, 2010

Skipping down the Barfy Trail!

That is what we, of the Boot Camp group, lovingly refer to our latest workout area. Grabbing our weights, we jog down the trail, drop and do push-ups, pick up the weights and job further, drop and do dips, etc. This goes on for about 30 minutes! And yes, most of us are feeling a tad nauseous by the end the run! I realized today though, as I struggled to keep up with the group gripping my 16 pounds of weight, that when I ran Vancouver, I essentially did it "gripping" 16+ pounds of extra weight! No wonder my runs lately have felt much better.
Since it's Friday, I allow myself a treat of Starbuck's. Five glorious shots of espresso with a little milk makes Carol a happy lady! I may have also indulged in a Lemon Cranberry scone...yum, yum!
Off to the chiropractor before lunch, which was great timing as my ankle was bothering me a little. Not from the running, but I think more from standing so much in the last few days, working on these tax forms. But I am a week ahead of schedule, which makes me very happy! I am going to try some of the stretches the physio dude at last night's clinic suggested, to see if that helps at all. Lunch was a simple bowl of soup (tomato vegetable - although I hate it when the deli adds potatoes and corn to what is actually a fantastic tomato soup...kind of ruins it for me) and a tuna sandwich. Apparently the deli had major problems this morning, and didn't appear to have a lot of food available at lunch time. The manager looked very stressed!!
After folding and stuffing several hundred tax forms (finally moved to a desk, as my feet just can't handle standing for so long anymore), I packed up and headed for home to change and go to Boot Camp.
There were about 8 of us there tonight, which makes me very happy! There were rumours that there weren't going to be enough for the 5pm class, and Josh would have to lump everyone at 6. I hate 6pm class...it's just that much too late. Five is perfect. Anyway, we warmed up with a couple of loops of the park, and then got right into the weights. After some squat thrusters and then mountaineers, we grabbed our weights and headed on down the trail. Incline presses at the log, then off down the trail...bicep curls and triceps dips at the set of benches, then on down the trail...many, many squats and then on down the trail, ending with push-ups in the snow, and on down the trail. Good news is when you reach the end, you get to turn around and do everything in reverse back to the start!! Argh!!! But I love how I feel after it's over, and how strong I am becoming. And this is also benefiting my running. It's all good!
After popping briefly into Safeway (sometimes I'm very "European" in the sense that I shop almost daily for what I want that night) to pick up some salmon and goat cheese, before getting home and changing into dry (and WARM) clothes, and threw supper together. I pan roasted the salmon, and just before I took it off the heat, I poured on some Kraft Fig & Balsamic Vinaigrette. Took the salmon off to rest, and threw artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper and grape tomatoes into the pan, and seared them quickly, adding a touch more vinaigrette. Poured it over a bed of mixed greens, topped with some goat cheese and then the piece of salmon. Delish!!!!

That's about it for me...weigh-in, coffee & catch-up with the ladies and then the Calgary International Winefest tomorrow night! Should be fun, except I will be doing my best NOT to get toasted, as I'll be hoofing 26km first thing Sunday morning! Can you think of a better way to welcome 47?!
GO CANADA GO!

No comments:

Blog Archive