MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 22, 2009

What the ?!?!?!

I've lived in Calgary my whole 45 years, so this shouldn't really surprise me, but a 17+ degree difference from one day to the next is a tad hard to take...especially when that 17 degrees includes a wind chill of -29!!!! Still, it was a run day, so off I went to do 8k, of course, a little more bundled up then for yesterday's gorgeous run. At least I didn't have to worry about fighting for space on the path. Nothing like a quick return to winter to chase everyone back into the gyms! There was me, Mike, the Gord's Running group (Snobby McSnobbersons, all of them) and a couple of other hardy souls out there, but we were few and far between. Did get to see a bald eagle searching the snow & river for some dinner (nature rocks!), and I really do love it when it snows softly and you hear the scrunch under your runners, and it's just you and the path. Okay...did I mention -29 windchill straight out of the East?! Not the most pleasant of runs, and I petered out at about the 4k mark, but I refused to give up. So while I walked the last 4, I did pretend my very fast friend H. was walking beside me, and that helped me stay within my time frame for this course, finishing at 66 minutes (64 last week, and 57 yesterday), so not too shabby.

Weigh-in tonight was a good one - love our leader and the group on Thursday night...we're all opinionated and none of us are afraid to speak up. Always walk out of there laughing, smiling and having learned something new. And of course, it's Thursday, so lost ourselves in a big bowl of chicken satay noodle soup with extra vegetables...mmmm, mmmm, good!

Came home from that, and decided to get just a little bit more exercise in for the day (over and above the walk to and from work and the run) and shovelled my sidewalks. Luckily it only takes about 30 minutes, and now I get to sleep in (skies were very clear above). Yay.

Going to bed now...really, I swear I will this time. Honest...lights out. Really, I'm not lying...really.
:)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

ok..THAT is dedication!!!

wow!!

Blog Archive