MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sundays

I used to sleep Sundays...maybe go for brunch somewhere...do laundry. All in all, a rather lazy day, in preparation for the work week ahead. Now I am up most mornings before 8, and running. Don't know when that happened, but it has. Take today for example: I, a actively single woman in a large city, was in bed (alone, thank you very much!) by 10 pm on a Saturday, knowing the alarm was going off at 7, so I could get up, get dressed and go for a quiet 10k run. And I did...the day started cool, but the glorious Chinook blew in at about the 3k mark, and the sun was shining, birds singing, etc. It was a beautiful day for a run. Now if only we could get some of the Snobby McSnobbersons out there to actually greet you with a good morning, it would be even better. H's and my usual route cuts through some rather pricey real estate in Calgary, and everyone, and I mean everyone, says morning, how are you, good run, looking good, etc. Run the Bow River pathway, and you wonder if you've somehow stumbled into some great race, like Boston or some such. It's still Calgary, it's still the morning and we are known for being polite...so start, dang it!!!! Hey, I've come out without coffee, and anyone who knows me well knows that's a scary prospect. Yet I can smile and wave a cheery morning to people as we pass...and again everyone, the pathway is a good 5-6' in width. If you cannot possibly pass me without pushing me into the snowbanks, there's something wrong with us all. Granted, I am in the Biggest Loser Edition 2, but my butt isn't THAT wide!!!!! Did get to see a cute little Boston Terrier this morning, so that makes up for everything. It's all about perspective.

So, run 10k, a trip to the Farmer's market for fresh veggies, a fantastically strong quad latte and the best moussaka you will ever taste, and home to try and do some laundry and enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon. At least part of the day can be spent being lazy.

:)

No comments:

Blog Archive