MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good day all around

It started after a decent night's sleep...still not quite making it to bed by 10, but it is getting earlier...I'm working on it. Had a good run at lunch - even with the headwind (at least it was much warmer today), I managed to do just under 8k (my map data says it's 8, but my Garmin says it's 7.56...not sure which one is right, as the Garmin always loses the signal when I cross under the Crowchild bridge) in 57 minutes, maintaining a good feeling pace the whole way, stopping to walk/rest only 4 times the whole loop. Lunch was quick, but good (ww pasta, tossed with evoo, a diced tomato and parm cheese, with a salad) and I finished the evening with shrimp salad rolls and chicken satay noodle soup! Our usual weigh-in night had to be moved up one day, as I have a dinner to go to tomorrow night to celebrate our Halloween victory. Check out Youtube "Accounting Zombies dance Thriller at Shaw Court Halloween" (I'm the doctor zombie on the far end) for a chuckle or two. So weighed in at Weight Watchers and happily am down another 2.2...really want to make it to my goal weight this year. I am a bit of a slow (albeit stubborn) learner, but I've been doing this for a very, very, very, very long time, and I want to go for free!

So our dinner tomorrow is at the Keg (a steakhouse, for those that don't know) and wanting to go in prepared, I checked out their menu & nutritional info online. Yikes...I am in for some scary choices. Granted, I'll probably have the Ahi Tuna with Rice Pilaf (no info on the tuna, but the pilaf looked all right at 9 pts), but one of the starters (crab parm dip) was a whopping 27 pts!!! Guess I won't be having that. Not sure what (if) I'll have a starter or a dessert, but I will partake in a glass or two of wine or Guinness (only if on tap), but what ever I end up doing, I will make sure that I actually enjoy the company and the night, and not focus on the food. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Blog Archive