MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What an awesome run!

Man...talk about a beautiful day for a run. Temp was listed as zero (32 for you in south of the border - and way to throw a party, BTW!) but it was at least 6 or 7 in the sun. I felt good going in, and even managed to shave a full half minute off my average pace to date. I can only get faster! New motto: I know I run like a girl...try to keep up!

Lunch was great - made quick chicken tortillini (sp) soup: 1 can diced tomatoes and juice, 1 c chicken boullion (Epicure Selections), 1 celery stalk, 1 med carrot and some onion, diced and sauteed in 1 tsp evoo, 1/2 dozen dried Shitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced, and 1 c home-made (farmer's market) chicken shitake tortillini. Some spices (garlic, basil, etc) and I had a very large bowl of schtoup (not stew, not soup) for lunch for roughly 6 points. Sorry, no pics. I left my camera at home. Dinner was less inspired. After donating blood (total time there 1.5 hrs...total time bleeding...4 minutes! But it's in me to give, right?!), I was hungry but in a hurry, so it was turkey meatballs and roasted potatoes with low sodium gravy. I vegged out at lunch and with snack, so could get away with it at dinner. Besides, being down a pint is the same as losing a pound, isn't it?? Right???? LOL...

Need to try and get my full 10k in tomorrow, but I do have to go to FedEx (at the airport) before they close, so it may only be 5 - or if I get really inspired I'll churn out 8. I'll decide tomorrow upon waking up. Speaking of: if I'm going to get into the habit of going to bed early, I must shut down now.

Ta...

No comments:

Blog Archive