MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 8, 2009

My day...

Okay, I keep saying I'm going to bed early to get lots of sleep, and here I sit at 11:21pm, jotting in the blog. Oh well, I can work on the sleep thing next week.

By the way...Weight Watchers works when you follow program. I know...shocking. I think the whole key is following program. Investing yourself 100% and following program. I committed to running as per my marathon training schedule this week (25.6km so far since Sunday), as well as making and taking breakfast and lunch to work. I stuck with healthy dinners as well, journalled everything, and lo and behold I lost 2.2 pounds this week!! Who would have thunk it?? Somehow I mentally checked out of WW, while continuing to go each and every week, weighing in each and every week, just as I have done for 10+ years now. I am AWESOME at maintaining my weight. Now I need to focus on actually reaching goal! So, 2.2 down, several more to go. I will not fixate on the total number, but little goals along the way. This was a good week.

Ran today, and luckily managed to miss the storm by about 5 minutes! However, the "snog" from yesterday still left the pathways very slick, so in addition to a great butt workout, my time was a little off today. Legs felt like lead, but that has to do with the sleeping thing...see above! The other day I beaked off about those who take up the pathway, meandering along down the middle and refusing to move over for those trying to pass. Today, it's the other end of the spectrum...those runners who think they are trying out for the International Olympic Team of Most Awesome Runners Ever and rudely push their way past. One guy left about 1 mm between me and him, and I was as far over to the right as I could without actually going for a swim in the river!! Look dude, I get it...you're fast...you're in fantastic shape...you're a true runner...doesn't mean you have to be a total ass. There are many runners out there who are actually very nice people. You should try to be one of them!

Okay...it's now 11:29...I'm going. Lights are being shut off even as we type.
'Night.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

2.2lbs, way to go! I'm totally with you though, who would have thunk following the program would work?? I don't know why I think I can follow it half-way and still get results. lol

H-woman said...

OK--it appears as though we are on opposing teams and we both know we both have a wee competitive streak. Hmmm...all I can say is, 'Game on!'

H =P

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday! Just checking on my fellow Team Lynn team member! Can't wait to get to know you better, and cheer you on to achieving your goals!

xo
kennedy

P.S. ANY diet works if you follow it 100%! Stay OP and bask in your results! You can do it!

Blog Archive