MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting started

Okay...I am very new to this. In fact, I have trouble writing in a regular journal with any regularity, let alone online. This could be interesting. Or totally boring...you decide.

The main reason for starting this is I want 2009 to be my year. I have goals to reach this year: weight, love life, financial and work, and I've got to start somewhere.

The first thing I did this year (well, technically last year, but it's for 2009) was register for the Vancouver Marathon. All 42.2k of it. Yikes...but I know this much about myself, and that is I need a goal in order to maintain training. So we'll see how this goes, and if I like it or don't die, then I hope to complete many more marathons and one day qualify for Boston.

I need to work on my weight goal. I've never given up on Weight Watchers, but I think I've been far too lax about the whole thing. I've been a member for a very, very, very long time (slow learner) and I want to reach goal this year. In fact, I WILL reach goal this year. Hell or high water, it will be done. There...now I have to! Some things I've discovered about myself while trying to find photos pre & post...a) I take an abnormally large amount of pictures of my cats, and b) I am usually behind the lens, and very rarely in front of it. And now that I managed to find some pre-shots, I have no idea how to use my scanner! Photos to come...

Financially - beyond praying to the Lottery Gods, I need to take control of my finances and set out some tangible goals for that as well. To be reviewed and revisited.

Work - I love my company and my job, but I do want to grow and advance within the company. I hope to be with them for a very long time (short of the lottery gods answering prayers, of course) but also don't wish to be in the same spot doing the same job. It's been over 8 years and it's time to move onward and upward.

Okay, that's it. My head hurts (mainly from the run this morning, but saying it's from learning something new like a blog is fun too).

1 comment:

Blog Archive