MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 12, 2009

Starting is Easy...Finishing is Hard.

Saw that sign besides someone's desk today, and like it! It's always easy to start a Monday, fresh 'tude and all. The key is figuring out how to keep that 'tude going for the whole week and into the next.

Side note...why do the makers of Cheerios feel that they need to dub over the accents of the couple in the Multigrain Cheerios commercial on American channels??? Intriguing.

It was a rest day today, as far as marathon training goes, so decided to go for leisurely walk at lunch...which turned into over 4K at a rather brisk clip...so much for resting! But I also realize that the alternative for me is that when I don't push myself to go out...the walk becomes a wander, usually to the nearest food court and THAT just turns into bad choices. Walking it is.

Had a fabulous dinner of lean steak, peppers, whole wheat tortilla, fresh salsa, guac and low fat sour cream. Round it out with brown spanish rice, and I am full! Not in pain...full just right.

Time to start winding down. I realize that I do not get enough sleep so that is my focus this week. Did well with last week's (pack lunchs & train every day I was scheduled to) so this week is to be in bed, lights out by 10pm. I know for some of you that sounds way too late, but I am a night owl, who truly hates mornings, so this is indeed a challenge for myself. I start to 'perk up' about 9:30 and next thing I know it, it's midnight and I'm looking at another 6 or so hours sleep.

So, that being said, nighty-night...and remember...starting is easy, finishing is hard.

2 comments:

H-woman said...

Upright and smiling is the best finish...no matter what you start.

H =)

Amy said...

so true! It's a long road to go!

Blog Archive