MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday night

My right shoulder is doing much better today...however, my left shoulder is now misbehavin! It's not as bad as the right was though, so we'll keep up the regimen of Advil and Glucosomine (sp) and do some light stretching.

Walked at lunch, as even though I didn't run yesterday, I still treated today like an off day. But managed to walk almost 5k, at a pretty steady clip. and it was a beautiful day here in Calgary (sorry East Coast...) at a balmy +9 (about 49 for you south of the border) with the sun shining. Had a new walker join us today, so not sure if she slowed us down, or we slowed down for her. Almost have cleaned up the 'exercise space' in my bedroom, and found a DVD with both pilates (which I like) and yoga (which I don't), which I will aim to do 3 times a week. Offset that with some basic weights (build those bones!), and the running, and I will be a lean, mean running machine by summer.

I am in awe of a Calgary woman who is attempting to run 7 ultra-marathons, in 7 countries in 7 months, setting a world record for being the first female to do so, all the while trying to raise money for blindness research, something her oldest child suffers from. If she can get out and train every day, in order to run 50 to 100+ miles in one race, surely to goodness I can get my sorry butt off my couch to train for mine! Go to http://www.normabastidas.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Blog Archive