MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Awesome Run, Part Deux

I had a decision to make. My training for today stated a 10k tempo run, but since I run at work and run slow (for now!), there's no way I can push out 10 over the lunch hour. So, I can:
a) get up really early, head to the office and run 10k before work
b) get up a wee bit earlier and do 5k, then the balance at lunch
c) run 5 at lunch and the balance after work
d) split the difference and run 8.

I went with d. It was another beautiful day (+1 when we started, but warmer by the time we were done (river shots to the east and west - will try to get better shots for markers) (bridge is 10th Street to the West and the bend goes to the East). Funny though...had a coworker decide to run with me, and after reaching the usual end point asked if she could join me for the full 8k...I don't care, but I also don't chatter the whole way (concentrating on breathing, quite frankly) and she is a faster runner than I am. In fact, when I walked across the Crowchild pedistrian bridge (past the 3k mark and a good spot for a quick rest), she asked if she could run ahead...again, don't care! That was the last I saw her though, till I returned to the office. I did take almost 7 minutes off my pace from just 6 days ago, which I am very happy with.











Came home and then had to run out to Purolater (Garmin heart monitor...this should be fun) and then FedEx (Epicure pick up) up by the airport before they both close, so by the time I got home I was famished! But I did a good job - chicken noodle soup. 1 deli roasted chicken breast (I buy them 3 or 4 at a time and keep them in the freezer), 1 celery stalk, 2 small carrots, egg (yolk free) noodles and 2 c Epicure chicken broth. It was fast, delicious and roughly 8 points for the whole thing!


Again, trying to get to bed early tonight (and for once, I mean it...I am bagged) so signing off. Till tomorrow...keep eating healthy and moving more. That's all we can do.

No comments:

Blog Archive