MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Goodbye to deep fried goodness...

Till Vancouver, any way. After a rather unenthusiastic run on Sunday (sweet potato and regular fries Saturday night) and a very poor performance at lunch today (again...sweet potato fries last night), I determined that I must forego the deep fried goodness until after the marathon.

I'll blame Sunday's slow pace on the cold, but today...I had nothin'! Even with 80k winds at my back (wind warning in Calgary - almost knocked my over at one point, and I'm not a delicate little flower!), I couldn't get going today. Ended up walking about 4k (was to run 6), with the intention of getting it together tonight to reclaim the pathway tomorrow. So really...all I have to do is pass up chips, fries, battered, coated, breaded and other assorted temptations until the afternoon of May 3rd. I've done it before...last year I avoided all fried food for about 3-4 months. Don't even know why I went back - oh, that's right...IT'S SO GOOD!!! But what's more important to me right now? A plate of fries or finishing the marathon, upright and smiling and in what I hope will be a decent time for a first-timer.

Made my lunch/supper in the slow-cooker last night. Threw a can of diced tomatoes, chicken broth, some chick peas, lentils, celery, onion, carrots and assorted spices in the pot before I went to bed and let it simmer all night (man, the place sure smelled good at 3 am), and after I took some out for lunch, I added a bison sausage and another can of tomatoes to stew for the day. It was a lovely dinner, and a nice way to round out the day. Just going to tidy up and hit the sack, taking one of my new running nutrition books in to read for awhile...let's figure out what I've been missing all this time.

No comments:

Blog Archive