MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ah...noodles...

Thursdays are an awesome day of the week. Okay, so it's my Weight Watchers weigh in night, which took some getting used to after weighing in on Saturday mornings for so long (shut down our meeting on Saturdays, and could not find a great replacement leader at another locale, so I went back to my original day, time and leader - who is outstanding!!), so that part may strike fear into some hearts. But, most importantly (okay, okay...weight watchers is important too!) is NOODLES at the best Vietnamese place in town. #4 and #28, extra veggies...standard order. Myself, Miss H and Miss B all enjoy our usuals, and the fact that everyone in the place knows us. So what is #4 and #28?? Shrimp Salad rolls (OMG...best EVER!) and Chicken Satay noodle soup, with extra vegs (they throw in brocolli, cauliflower, celery, carrots...all fresh). The broth for this soup is to die for...on a cold Calgary night, it is heaven in a bowl. I am full, but it's a gooooood full! I count each salad roll as 1, and 9 for the soup, and it's such a habit, the rest of my day's meals are worked around it. I am not giving up noodles for no one!

Training continues to go well...I have Oprah's time fixated on the brain, and while I didn't break any speed records today, my 8km average pace was an improvement over my others this week and last. I can only get faster. Beautiful day for a run as well, as the temps hit +7 by lunchtime, the paths were mainly clear (some snow and icy spots, where the shade still was), but the sun was shining and there were even boys in shorts to help improve on the scenery! The Bow River pathway system is right on the river, which looks like a lunar landscape with the ice flows and open water, and at times is far enough from the major roadways that it seems you are out running in the mountains...at least that's what I think as I continue to place one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Blog Archive