MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday afternoon...

I hate mornings...I think they should be banned the world over. I have enough trouble waking up to go to work every day (come on, Lottery Gods!) yet alone getting up on the weekends. I used to sleep in...I used to love sleeping in. Now I am up, usually at the same time that I am up during the week. So let's compare: sleep in = lazy day or Get up = go for a 6+km walk, meet the girls for coffee, have great laughs and share ideas, then pick up a package at the post office, then go meet a different group of girls for lunch, more laughing, no guilt about the fries I had due to earlier walk, and home. And it's still afternoon...and I can always have a nap!! Okay...so maybe this whole getting up thing isn't so bad. Of course, this is after 10 shots of espresso in me!!!

Breakfast consisted of yogurt, oatmeal, All Bran and peaches, with said espresso and milk. Add nice long walk in there, and lunch was a reasonable whole wheat ciabatta with roast chicken, brie, figs and apple. YUMMY!!!! A little high in points, but that's the whole point behind Weight Watchers, isn't it? Eat what you want, but be responsible for your choices. I know someone that signed up for Dr. Berstein's, and burns more calories discussing what they CAN'T have to eat and taking all the pills to replace said nutrients. I'm accepting my weight loss journay the way I run...slow but steady. I always get to the finish line, upright and smiling, and that's how I want to get to the end of this phase of my life as well.

Well, my couch is calling me...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Once I've got activity time in on the weekend, I just feel rich like I can do whatever I want with no guilt! Hope you had a wonderful nap... :-)

Blog Archive