MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hump Day


I really am a good cook! Having eaten a few too many points today at lunch (1/2 frittata (5 pts), cottage cheese, whole wheat pita and salad), I decided that some zero point soup would be in order, and then I remembered I had lentils. Mmmm...lemony Lentil soup. So, base of carrot, celery, onion and garlic...saute, add 1 tin diced tomatoes with juice, 2 c chicken broth (Epicure Selections (which I sell) new low sodium Chicken Boullion is awesome and all natural), 1/2 c rinsed lentils, zest and juice of one lemon, cumin, Harissa (North African spice blend) and spinach. Oh mama!!!! I at least took a pic of it before I ate it all up!!!
Ran 5k in the snow today...flurries my butt!!! I was supposed to do 10, but since I was up and swept the walks before work, knowing I was coming home to shovel them again after work, I decided 5 was just fine for today. Besides, just trying to keep upright on the slick paths added to the run. Too bad the Garmin doesn't count those extra calories. But today's workout: sweep snow from 50'+ of sidewalks, run 5 k (43 minutes) and then shovel said 50' of sidewalk. Worked the legs, got in cardio and worked the core. I am done for the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That soup looks awesome, thanks for sharing!! and Yah for getting out and running in the snow :)

H-woman said...

Lentil soup looks yummy!

H =)

Amy said...

I'm so glad it doesn't snow here. Props to you for getting out and doing a 5k IN THE SNOW!

Lorraine said...

Hi Carol. I just read your post on the BLBE board about training for the marathon. That is such an awesome goal and I wish you a lot of luck! I just finished my first half marathon at Disney World last Saturday. It was amazing and such a wonderful experience. Keep pushing towards your goal!

And Go Team Lynn!

Blog Archive