MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, June 14, 2010

A day wasted

And here I sit...waiting to hear from the be-otch (as she will forever be known to me) from the hospice that wants to move Dad. I have spoken to someone there ("we didn't tell you to take time off, we just said that we had to meet immediately") who is "getting back to me" about the situation. I did rip her a new one over the phone, and think I managed to fully articulate how frustrated I was with this recent development and the potential turmoil this is causing both of my parents. Yet still I wait. The Dr. from the hospital did call me (twice) and we talked at length about her initial decision, what the hospice was doing now, how she spoke with them, and how badly she feels for putting my Dad through this. She's upset that her decision was made in error, and now she feels badly. I don't blame her at all, because we did talk at length before all of this happened, and she fully supported her decision. Which just made me madder at the hospice, who till haven't called!! Grrrrr!!!!!
Flashback to yesterday...I did get up at 8 (after going to bed after 1) and met up with E. for coffee. The other ladies didn't make it, but we had a nice visit anyway. And in a beautiful morning to boot...the sun was shining, we were on the rooftop patio enjoying our coffees and gabbing like crazy. After a couple of hours, we headed for home. I had some lunch (beef samosas, chutney and Greek yogurt with lime for dippin') and a nap, before heading out to tackle the front 40, or what others may refer to as my lawn! Man, did it grow!!! Got it cut and bagged, and came back in for some more lunch (I was hungry - could be that I was a touch hungover from the many vodkas and shooters the previous evening) and another little lay down. And it was HOT yesterday (for Calgary in June, that is) and I just don't do well with heat. Hence why I live in Calgary and not Florida, for example.
After walking to Safeway for some dinner (I settled on chicken wings (m-eh), macaroni salad (double m-eh) and a Caesar salad) I ate and then met up with H-woman for an evening walk. The weather was perfect, so we walked the Elbow River loop, which is roughly 4km, talking the whole way. It's awesome to have someone to vent to, and she had her own venting to do. I think we both felt better for it. We ended the evening with a cool drink (I had a frappe at the Purple Perk...Starbucks was closed for the night) and then home. Watched a little TV, the start of the 11 o'clock news (I like to stay informed) and then I hit the sack. I fell asleep with little effort, despite all my mini-naps during the day and the coffee in my frappe at 9. Slept till I felt like waking up (no alarm was glorious) and have spent the day puttering, waiting to hear from people. In other words, a totally wasted day.
I am about to change and head to Boot Camp...I can actually move my arms today, but still not without pain. Chin-up Friday almost did me in! Can't wait to do it again!!!
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive