MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, June 28, 2010

Baby, it's hot outside!

Whew...hit 28C (83F) today. May not seem hot to some, but remember, it was snowing at the beginning of the month!! I like a nice, moderate 22-23C myself...this is just crazy hot. But I still hauled my butt to boot camp, heat and all.
Breakfast was Liberte Coconut Crack yogurt, 1/2 c oatmeal and some diced peaches. Cool and refreshing and a great way to start the day. Lunch was leftovers...a burger, the potato salad and some green salad, to up the veggie quotient. I ended the afternoon with a banana, before heading home from work.
Met up with everyone in the park, with all of us desperately hugging any shade we could find. Trainer Josh was kind and sent us out to the Douglas Fir, which is a lovely, shaded trail run through the forest. I'd guess the temperature was a good 10 degrees cooler. After our warm-up, we came back and did killer circuits in the sunshine. Jumping hurdles, push-ups, ladder work, lunges, squats, sprints, shuffles, full body bike, squat presses and extensions. Repeat 3 times! We did all listen to ourselves though, and often stopped for water or even just to stand in the shade for a minute to cool down. After the circuit (and a couple of minute break) we worked on our core with v-sit, drop-downs, toe touches, bench presses, plank, bird-dog and superman. I love what half of these are called, but they really do describe the move. My butt is feeling today's workout already. It's a good pain!
Picked up Mom for our usual Monday night visit with Dad. He seemed out of sorts tonight, and even started talking about my uncle, right out of the blue. Odd, as my Dad doesn't mention my uncle that often - he passed away probably 35 years ago now and left a very large gaping hole in my Dad's life as a result. It is rare for Dad to talk about him at all, so today was just off. and then he was going on about Mom and air conditioner and how she bought it and moved it herself. We were talking about how nice his fan is...anyway, I'm waiting on scheduling a meeting with the doctor next weekend, so we can discuss his "progress". I'd love to be a fly on the wall, and see how he is with the medical staff. Does he act differently, so they don't see him as weak? Would be good to know.
I finally began to feel faint, so said our goodnights, dropped Mom off and came home to whip up a very simple but tasty dinner. Scrambled eggs with a little shredded cheese, avocado and tomatoes with evoo, lime juice and Epicure Guacamole dip blend.

It was quick, cool and delicious. I had a bagel wrap (one of those frozen Philly things...they're all right) for "dessert" and then an ice cream bar to cool down.
Gulping down water as well, and I've got the fan cooling the bedroom even as we speak. This is the part of heat that I hate. Calgary is supposed to be cool at night (everyone bitches about it all the time!) and I can sleep in cool...I cannot sleep in hot. Blech!
But I am tired tonight, so I'm going to shut down and go to bed.
Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive