MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holy speed demon!

Something is definitely working!!
Flashback to our pace trials in January when the clinic began:
5km, time 39:15, pace 7:51/km
Tonight...10km pace run, to get a feel for how we've been doing with our training.
10km (actually 10.36 but who's counting!), time 1:09.34, pace 6:43/km!
6:43!!!!!!! Holy freaking SIX.FORTY.THREE a kilometer!!!
This is the fastest I have ever run...ever. EVER!!! And I'm here, standing, talking about it...not laid out on the sidewalk, gasping for air. Holy wow!!
Bigger news then the run is the very fact that I survived today!
You see, the company I work for likes to celebrate Easter. We have an actual Easter Egg hunt for prizes, and usually have Crave or Buttercream cupcakes for everyone in the building (roughly 700 or so). This year, they thought it would be fun to have a CANDY BUFFET!!! A candy buffet!!! Are you kidding me?!?! Chocolates, gummies, sours, twizzlers, jelly beans, suckers, oh my. I had a plan however. First, I would continue to say, over and over and over again, that "I will hit 50 down on Saturday". That kept my intake to two rosettes and two raspberry jellies. I helped with the set up and immediately retreated to my desk, and acted like someone had crazy-glued my butt to my chair!
Then one of the VP's was wandering about, handing everyone a bag of the dreaded Cadbury Mini Eggs!! Argh!!!! Mine is currently in the freezer (yes, unopened), where they will stay until Sunday - a treat for after the long run. I figure after 29km, I can be allowed to have a few mini eggs!

Lunch was leftover dinner from last night (salmon on a bun, salad), with a sweet Ambrosia and a piece of light cheddar as a snack.

Came home, and whipped up a quick omelet, as pre-run fuel. I whisked 2 eggs with some Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip blend, and let that sit. Then I pan fried some diced up roasted red peppers, and put it all together in my wee little omelet pan. A sprinkling of shredded cheese, and eaten on a bagel, dipped into Epicure Sweet & Spicy mustard. A sliced fresh tomato rounded out the meal. Quite tasty.

I am feeling hungry right now, so I'll have some water to see if that is what I really want, and if not, then I'll probably have some Kashi squares. They're nicely low in points, and sweet enough to satisfy cravings.
Looking so forward to sleeping in tomorrow (no 5 am airport runs this week), then figuring out what to do with the day. I think maybe some yard work (it's supposed to be nice) and then boot camp as usual. Getting the hair done on Saturday ('bout freaking time!), Sunday long run and Monday boot camp. And some chillin' & relaxin' scattered throughout. Holidays have become non-events for my family, so I may get a little ham for Sunday...or not. Will play it all by ear.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Later,

No comments: