MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, April 26, 2010

The day after Policeman's

Legs feel great! I was able to walk like a normal person all day!! Even curbs were a thing of ease...who knew I could get to this point with my running.
Of course, Trainer Josh did everything he could to remind me (and my legs) that we just ran a Half yesterday. We started the hour with the lovely climb of B.A. Edworthy Hill...we then ran west along the ridge to the "stairs"...I use this word so loosely! We were supposed to go down and run up them a couple of times, but I missed the start of the path (you know...where the trees are bent slightly from when some small furry forest creature last passed through!!), so ended up with a little trail run till I got myself sorted out.
Finally got back to the group, where we saddled up with resistance bands and proceeded to pull each other across the park...many times!!
After that fun (the crab walk was my MOST FAVOURITE!), we switched up with some circuits...cardio (jumping jacks, high-knees, mountain climbers & burpees), then legs (oh boy - more! Squats, 'round-the-world lunges, sumo squats), back to cardio, then to upper body (wide, normal and narrow push-ups, up & down plank (hands to elbows and back) and side plank with dips), back to cardio, on to arms (seated row, lat pulls, bicep curls), back to cardio and finally on to core (full body bike, overhead leg drops, Russian twists and oblique crunches)...if you finished all of this, you could return to cardio if you wanted! I did not!!!
We the finished the class (yes, the good times continued!) with some 45 degree legs, scissor kicks, full sit ups. After a few rounds of that, we did a full sit up with weights through our legs, up above and to the side. We then laid down and died!
Drove to Mom's, to head to the hospital. How can I tell I have too much going on?! Oh, that would be when I was driving along, thinking of everything we need to take, and did we have, etc. when I ALMOST RAN OVER A LADY AND HER DOG!!!!! In a freaking crosswalk!!!! I am so embarrassed!!!! I almost pulled over and threw up. Focus, Carol, focus!!!! Ten & two and nothing else!!!
Dad is doing the same...had our usual visit, then dropped Mom off at home. And instead of swinging into a drive-through (with my full concentration on the road the whole way) I came home and made a quick and tasty pasta dish. Even left some for lunch tomorrow. Tossed whole wheat pasta with some Epicure Roasted Red Pepper dip mix (made with light mayo, light sour cream and feta) and some chopped up roasted red peppers. Quick and quite yummy. With a salad tomorrow, it will make a great lunch.
Once again, it is 10 pm and I am beat.
Night all,

No comments: