MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, December 31, 2010

Last day of 2010

I'm not much for pondering my past, nor do I usually set resolutions. But I am hopeful that 2011 goes a whole hell of a lot smoother than 2010 did. I am kind of glad it's behind me now. Okay, it will be very shortly! Happy New Year's, where ever you are.

After I got home from Cochrane (ended up running 6.37km with Martin), I changed out of my wet running clothes (it amazes me that I can sweat like a mother bear when it's negative double digits out there!) and changed into dry running clothes. After all, I had the Resolution 5km Run at Eau Claire at 6pm. I had a quick bite to eat, as I also came to the conclusion that I didn't take in a lot of food this morning (a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of milk), and that could be why I didn't do the full intended 10k this afternoon. I whipped up a very fast Lemon Carbanara (cook yolk less egg noodles, drain, toss with one egg beaten with lemon juice, S&P, chili flakes, return to pot and stir till smooth and creamy and "cooked". Top with a little Parm.) and then headed down to Eau Claire.

The swag for this year's run was another winter running jacket like last year, but this year it's orange. Bright "we'll-be-safe-hunting" orange! And to come into a room and see a sea of orange...well, it was a sight! The race was sold out, as always, but this year I really think most people showed up to run it. Usually the temps drop to mind-numbing by the time of the race, and most people just claim the jacket and never show up to run. This year was the exception, as it got warmer, rather than colder. Because of all the construction, the route was a little different, as was to be a 5km, but Mr. Garmin says I did 4.85km. That's okay...I ran the whole thing, I passed people and I felt great at the finish line. So, just over 11km on the final day of the year for me. Yay.

Came home and changed again, after a visit with other running peeps, and sat down to some much deserved appies. Herb Brie cheese, stuffed Queen olives, a type of goat cheese I can't pronounce, and that has a very unusual but tasty flavour, and my absolute favourite, pickled herring. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE anything pickled, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seafood, so mix the two?!?! HEAVEN!!! I picked up a few treats while picking up my New Year's feast from Sunterra Market.
After appies, I had a Shrimp and Fennel Slaw salad. Very light and refreshing.
After that, it was time for a bowl of soup. Tomato Gin Bisque, to be exact. Double Yum!
Entree consisted of roasted baby potatoes (which I dipped into the garlic aioli provided for the salad...happy, happy taste buds!), roasted medley of vegetables (yellow zucchini, carrots, red bell peppers, snap peas - very colourful) and beef tenderloin. Melt in your mouth tender and TASTY!!! Finished pretty full, so I decided to sit back and watch a bit of the Criminal Minds marathon on A&E (mmmmm...Thomas Gibson floats my boat...that's all I'm sayin!).
Once I felt I had room again, I indulged in the dessert...chocolate cheesecake with berries and raspberry coulis. I may need a cigarette after this...good thing it was small!
And good thing I ordered the Roast Chicken version of this, so I have soup, salad, veggies and chicken for Sunday now, along with chocolate cheesecake!! Tomorrow night will be spent at Mom's with my brother and SIL, eating ham-bone soup (made from the Christmas ham) and salad and Cherry-O-Cream Cheese pie (a no-bake cheesecake)...and a blast from my past. We always had this pie on New Year's day for as long as I can remember.
So, all the best to you and yours in 2011. Work hard enough and your dreams will come true.
Cheers!

No comments: