MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, December 31, 2010

#250

250 marathons in 365 days...5 runs a week...10,550 km or 6,555 miles. In one year!

Today was the final marathon of the 2010 Marathon Quest, and I wanted to be a part of it. Now, I haven't been running all the much lately, so 42.2 changed to 21.1 which changed to 10 which changed to "I'll just go and do what I can and enjoy the day for what it is". Resume regular running is #1 for 2011, by the way.

My running buddy D., part of the Eau Claire Running Room. Knew a few people out today, but a lot of our regular group weren't able to make it. Sad for them.


The man of the hour...wait, scratch that...YEAR!

Gorgeous day, but COLD. Actually, I lucked out, starting later in the day (1:30pm), as it was -22C with a -29C windchill at 9 am when Martin and some real die-hards started out. The course was a 2km out & back along the river, in Cochrane, AB., just west of Calgary. By the time I got out there, I think the temp had risen to -12C and the wind had shifted, coming in the from the West, meaning a Chinook! In fact, it's 10 degrees warmer now (11:38pm) then it was this afternoon in the sunshine.
This is early...I still look like I'm having fun!


The group just kept growing and growing...so many people came out to see this final run and it was awesome to see how many were kids.


Yes, that is a rainbow...no, it did not rain, nor was it snowing. Very cool!
The final steps to the finish line! He was like the Pied Piper, always surrounded by kids. Which is fitting...he was doing this for them, after all!


I am THRILLED that I managed to get one photo with him after the run was done. So inspiring, and yet the most gracious person, right to the end.
Wonder how he's planning on spending his day tomorrow, since for the first time in 365 days, he doesn't have to get up early to run!
And at last count, we heard he broke the $200,000 mark, but his goal is still $250,000 by February 4th. I'm certain he'll make it...Calgary is pretty well known for helping charities.
Later,

No comments: