MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Last day

Can't believe that the 4-day Christmas weekend is done already. At least I was a bit more productive today than I was yesterday...spent the day sleeping, eating, napping, eating more.

Today I managed to make Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Oatmeal (from the WW Weekly last week)...into slow cooker put 6 c water (I halved the recipe and switched up half the water for milk), 3 c raw pumpkin diced (use pie or sugar pumpkins or butternut squash), 1 1/2 c steel-cut oats, 1/2 c honey, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg. Stir till mixed and cook overnight on low. Now, here's what I'll do differently next time...I'll still stick the milk/water combo - made it creamier, but I'll watch how long I cook it for. Some stuck to the side of my slow-cooker and got a little too brown. I'll also roast the squash first, so it gets good and caramelly before it goes into the pot. I find the big chunks of plain squash kind of blah. Definitely more cinnamon, and I'll sprinkle with course brown sugar before eating, for that extra crunch and sweet hit. Only 5 points per serving, and I have 4 1-cup containers waiting in the fridge for breakfasts this week.

Did a load of laundry, so I'd have clean clothes for work tomorrow. Oh well, it's only two days, then I'm off till Tuesday again.

Washed a butt-load...okay, sink load, of dirty dishes. Sadly, made supper and now I have more. I so have to find a new dishwasher in the new year!

Went and fed my friend's cats...and realized I forgot her Christmas present on the back seat of my car AGAIN. Seriously!! I'm there every day...you'd think I'd remember to take the blinking thing up with me. I have till Sunday to remember...want to place odds on that happening?!?!

Changed the litter, hauled some trash, squeezed in a short nap, watched the Home Buyers marathon on HGTV. Made me really want to get my own home. Growing weary of renting. I'll have to work on that goal for 2011.

I did buy dinner, because I was bored with turkey and such. I ended up with a really tasty, chunky Borscht, that worked out to 2 pts per cup. Add a little light sour cream, and a cabbage roll in tomato sauce, and I had a very filling meal. And lunch for tomorrow is ready to go!

Registered for Boot Camp (starts Jan 4th!), and ordered a RoadID. Will be plotting out my month, so that I can figure out boot camp, marathon training (most likely for Calgary in May) and other days to keep me moving every day.

With that, I'm going to go to bed at a decent hour, as 5:30am will come early.

Later,

No comments: