MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, December 20, 2010

Full belly and special treats!


My wonderful friend M. brought these back from Hawaii with him! O.M.GEEEEE!!!!!!! One bag is officially gone, but the other will be carefully hidden away from myself, until I can figure out another supply source! These ones are so cute too, as some are stamped with mini umbrellas, palm trees...I tried to take a picture, but they were either too bright or too dark. Sad...so I ate them!
:)
Lunch today was last night's leftovers, and was really good the second day! The burger was still nice and moist, although next time I will remember some chili sauce to schmear on, to make it even spicier! Rounded out the meal with a handful of beautifully ripe grape tomatoes. Yum, yum, yum.
Came home, and pulled the salmon from the freezer to thaw. One the menu tonight:
Salmon and Asparagus with Citrus Gremolata (pg 175), Balsamic-Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts (pg 225) and Barley with Spinach and Asparagus (pg 243). I did skip out on the double asparagus, leaving it with the barley and just roasting the salmon with a simple sprinkle of S&P, and a squeeze of lemon juice at the end. The Gremolata was a mix of garlic, parsley, basil (they called for tarragon, I had basil), lemon zest and orange zest. It was yummy. Meanwhile I started boiling the chestnuts...can't do anything easy in my world, but this is what the instructions at that store said to do. Still a pain in the butt, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about. Next time I'll throw in pine nuts. The Brussels were fabulous though, as I love, love, love roasted Brussels. Caramelly, crispy goodness!!
Lastly, I cooked onion, garlic and the barley in evoo, and added some vermouth (intriguing) and chicken broth, then the roasted asparagus and some spinach that I had thawed earlier this week. That was also quite yummy and quite filling. The plate was looking a little too green, so I threw on some tomatoes to brighten it up a bit.
Tomorrow's lunch is already packed away, and I did dishes (I really need to buy a new dishwasher!) until my back couldn't take it anymore. I'll tackle the next pile soon...it's all soaking right now. Planning out dinner tomorrow night...thinking a simple pasta dish of some kind. I've got tons of tomatoes and basil, so I think a pasta toss with hot cooked tomatoes in garlic and basil. Just have to plan out the protein. I'm with Amy on this one...I think the new plan is going to make members shy away from certain food groups, and therefore fall into the "diet" mentality...I'm hoping to stay away from that myself, but also understand the importance of protein at every meal. Maybe a simple grilled piece of chicken or some shrimp. Oooo...shrimp. Just made up my own mind!
Enjoy your evening,
Later,

No comments: