MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Melissa's


MAN! I love the mountains!!!! The day dawned bright and lovely...there was a wind, but thankfully it was blowing East...there was a controlled burn on Nester Mountain, and I was worried about running in campfire smoke!! But it appeared to be a picture perfect day.

The three of us (H-woman and D.) are ready to roll. My caffeinated beverage was already long gone by this point. Weather was cool but sunny...most awesome running weather.

Sorry...freakiest glasses E.V.E.R!!!!


Lined up at the 9 min mark (and I ran just over 8 - yay training!). I was ready for this...felt good (other than the hips/knees/feet issues), but I was wearing knee sleeves and a new pair of my good old Asics. I just wanted to beat last year's time, and I've noticed such an improvement in my running, even since the marathon in May, I figured I could do it.



And we're off!!! This is down into the golf course...the joy of running the 22k over the 10k is that the 10k, while half the distance, run up a mountain! We run down and loop the golf course, and then meander our way back to the Cave and Basin. There are a couple of short hills, but no Tunnel Mountain!!

Have I mentioned that this is the prettiest run, ever???

11k down and going strong!


Again, how can you not love the views???

FINISHED!! 3:04:08 - almost 10 minutes off my time in 2008. Next year....sub 3 hours. And I still look like I'm enjoying myself.

Here come H-woman and D!! I feel bad for abandoning them at the 2k mark (we were running together) but when the mood to run strikes, grab on and go for the ride.

A much deserved pedi afterwards, although I wasn't sure I was going to be able to actually lift my leg onto the stool!!! But do these look like feet that have just spent 3 hours pounding along?! They felt like it, but they look good...

Again...why don't I live in the mountains (insert whine here)??? Is this not heaven??? I could live right here forever.

Made it to Boot Camp on Monday (surprisingly) and today, and the legs are finally starting to feel better. I do go for an adjustment tomorrow, and we'll see what they say about the IT bands. Today, the right one actually felt "normal"...then I ran trails in Boot Camp, tripping all over rocks and roots, so both ankles and knees are not happy right now!
Dinner was a quick lentil soup: brown onions, celery and garlic. Add one sweet potato, diced, and cook for a few minutes before adding broth (I went with Epicure Vegetable Bouillon, but you could use chicken as well), and cook till potato is tender. You're supposed to puree it at this point, but I like chunky soups. Add one can lentils, some cumin, Epicure Moroccan spice blend, S&P, lemon juice and spinach leaves. Enjoy. Even managed to leave some for lunch tomorrow. Debating a snack though, although it's all I can do to keep my eyes open. I think a glass of moo will do.
Hope everyone has a great week and reaches what ever goals they set out for themselves,
Later,

2 comments:

Amber said...

I think I'm going to have to meander over there and do that run next year! Looks gorgeous!

Good job on beating your time!

H-woman said...

whoo hoo!