MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday morning randomness

Even though I start work at 7 now and get up bright and early all week, I still don't like having to be up and at 'em as early on a Saturday. But I love Faye, so to go to her meetings, I have to get up before the sun, drive 11+km to get to the location, fight traffic (are you kidding me??) and little old wacky ladies that decide to cross major thoroughfares whenever the moment seizes them, and not with the walk light, only to stand in line because the assistants at WW are the SLOWEST GROUP OF LADIES I HAVE EVER MET, and therefore miss the first 10 minutes of the meeting itself!!!! Good lord, you could hear the wheels turning as the weigher tried to figure out my total loss, with my 3 pounds down this week (oh, yeah...yay me!!)...yes, the math is quite complicated!! I'm not a morning person, I haven't had caffeine in any form yet, and I could still figure it out. But I'll celebrate instead...less than 20 pounds to goal!!! Holy crap!!!
Trainer Josh is to never leave us again...ever. I do hope he has made arrangements for his wife to have her baby on a weekend, so he doesn't have to miss any weekday classes. This is the second substitute I've had, and both sucked. At least this one had a personality...she is very nice, but she had us start with sprint drills (run in a single line, 1.3km out and back, with the last person sprinting to get to the front of the line, all the way along)...all I have to say is thank God none of the regular boys were there this week...they would have killed us all, trying to catch up and pass them! I managed two good sprints, but my lungs/legs gave out and I just did my best to finish the 2.6km loop as fast as I could, although I had a great overall time of 7:03/km. Fastest I've run in a long time. It was interesting though, as there were new people this week (this is the start of a new session) and they weren't at the fitness level that this trainer seemed to think...it was a very hard way to start the class. Anyway, we returned to our mats, and she had everyone already going (where's the water break??) on the next set of suicide drills...and THAT'S ALL WE DID THE REST OF THE CLASS!!! An hour of sprinting and squats, sprinting and push-ups, sprinting and crunches, sprinting and sprinting and sprinting. She did keep focusing on me and my legs though (she was also our trainer on Thursday), but the stubborn (okay, stupid) me refused to let her see my pain! Granted, I can hardly move today, and woke up many times during the night to try and get comfortable, but dang it, I did everything that everyone else did. Even the picnic table climb...this was new...there is this circle of picnic tables (we work out in a public park), so we stepped up onto the bench, onto the table, down to the bench and around and around and around, 5 times. Make a note...if you are having a picnic in a public park, be sure to bring a table cloth...who knows what wacky Boot Camp group has been there first!!
Only 7 days till Melissa's! Yikes!! I see the orthotics guy on Monday, so I'll ask him what a good temporary solution will be, since I won't have orthotics by Saturday, I'm sure. I did pick up a couple of knee sleeves today, and I researched some exercises that are supposed to strengthen your inside, or fourth quad, and therefore help with IT problems. I will also pull out the foam roller and use it daily, and it'll go to Canmore with us. Other than the constant debilitating pain, I think I'm ready! LOL!
Fathers and young children are interesting to watch...I passed one set where the youngest (maybe 2) had picked something off an outside table and was walking along with it (barefoot, I may add, down a city sidewalk...eeeuwww) quite proudly...when I saw it was a shard of glass, I tried my best to get it from him, but no go! So, I did the next best thing and told the father, who said "when he cuts himself, he'll learn"...Dad?! Wait, flashbacks! But come on...take the dirty, goodness only knows where it's been piece of glass from your child's hand, and give him a toy to play with! Then there was the father in Starbucks, so intent on getting his coffee ground to his liking, that he didn't notice his two young lads wandering about the shop, nearly taking out eyes on table corners, and pulling down displays with breakable coffee mugs and the likes! Spanking may be considered "bad" but at least we knew how to behave when out in public!!
Only one more hour to go, before I get my hair cut. I always seem to leave it just that week too long, and it drives me crazy! It's in my eyes, it gets an awesome 80' wave to it, and the sparkly stripe down the middle is downright ugly! But soon...my hairdresser is Muslim, and it's the last weekend of Ramadan, so I had to be sure to book an earlier appointment, to avoid the late day wobblies! Really don't like sharp scissors being near my head when someone hasn't eaten for 10 hours! But he claims to be good this time around...still, it's early enough that he should still have nutrients in his body from his early morning meal. All I know (as another sip of latte goes in) is that I couldn't do it...nothing passing the lips from sun-up to sun-down??? Nada...not the faith for me!
I'm going to grab a bite to eat and then walk down to my appointment - hopefully that'll loosen the legs up for the day.
Later,

No comments: