MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, September 7, 2009

Post run...

Ow...ankles are throbbing. Man, I hope I get this fixed soon...I am tired of being in pain all the time. But still happy that I got out there and did the 16k run. Bring on Melissa's - just have to make sure I pack lots of Advil!
Had a chicken breast soaking in a brine all afternoon. Epicure came out with brining ideas and bags, although for one small chicken breast I just used a zip-lock. Into the bag with lukewarm water and Epicure Sea Salt, Tuscan Rub, Focaccia Bread Spices, Rustico blend and Garlic Pepper.

It soaked all afternoon, while H-woman and I ran. Then when I got home, I had to show the to-be-vacated suites to a couple of potential renters...just when things settled down. Oh well... Decided that while the chicken was grilling, I would also grill up some zucchini slices and 'Greek' up the rest of H-woman's potato salad. I added a mini-cucumber, some red pepper, kalamata olives and feta cheese. Once the chicken was done and resting, I topped the zucchini with some crumbled Laughing Cow cheese and Kraft Fig Balsamic dressing.
The chicken was incredibly moist and quite tasty. All in all, a rather delish meal...I am a good cooker too!
Off to pack on some ice, roll on some rollers and try to stay awake till 9! Back to work tomorrow...this was the shortest "long" weekend ever.
Later,

No comments: