MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, September 13, 2009

At odds

It has been an odd day...I haven't really felt like cooking but I'm hungry and craving weird stuff. Like smoked salmon eggs benedict! Didn't have it, as I spent all day doing other stuff and by the time I went to the grocery store, told myself it was too late for brunch. Instead I had light cream cheese and jam on rye crackers...my milk was sour, so couldn't have a latte...had an instant (and therefore disappointing) coffee. Grabbed a Coke Zero at the grocery store, as my head was reminding me that I was sadly lacking in caffeine for the day.
Managed to get 5 loads of laundry done...which was a feat in of itself as my knees are quite upset after yesterday's 13k run. Felt great yesterday - some aches but nothing too bad. Today however, I am nearly hobbled! So carrying a loaded laundry basket down 3 flights of stairs with knees and ankles that don't want to bend...good times!!! I'll sit with some ice on them, and make sure I ask the chiro what to do before I can get my orthotics.
Yesterday's run was awesome...beautiful day, perfect temperature/breeze, nice route (the Weaselhead) and a good friend (H-woman) to run with. Granted, we were both irritated by some annoying bratty kids and their oblivious parental unit, but we soon got past them without any major happenings. And we ended up running the last two km with a nice lady, who told us of her cancer survival (6 years and counting!) and her running history. Made the last two fly by, and we actually ended the run as fast as we started. Average pace was 8.22/km, which I think is one of our fastest.
Did our usual routine after that, hitting up the Farmer's Market. Didn't really need much, and came out only $10 poorer. Basil, peaches and plums. Yum, yum.
Got home and had the rest of the spinach dip loaf that I took to the Boot Camp BBQ Friday night. After it was all gone, I decided that was dinner (had a falafel and salad at the market) and that was that. Rented out my small bachelor suite (again - very confusing, but I think I'm down to only one suite left to rent) and went to bed. A very exciting Saturday evening, indeed.
Today was laundry and napping. And Advil... I finally did go for a walk to Safeway and the Cookbook Co., which is my Mecca! There's a local lady who makes the most amazing Indian sauces that are sold there, and I wanted to try the Vindaloo (the stall at the market was out)...I tried not to linger (it can be very, very, very expensive there for me!! So many sauces and such, spices, kitchen gadgets, cookbooks...knees were getting weak!) and managed to get out with the sauce and some green lentils. Then over to Safeway to pick up the rest of the standards for the week.
Now if only I could get off my butt, I'd actually make something for dinner! Tried out the newest Epicure dip mix, Nacho Cheese. Easy-peasy: equal parts of sour cream, cream cheese and shredded cheddar, and some of the dip blend. Heat till bubbly. I had it with two whole wheat tortillas (no chips in my house), and that sort of became lunch. Now what to do for dinner. It is after eight, so a little late for curry. I'll go forage for something...
Off to ice and medicate! Hope you all had a great one...
Later,

No comments: