MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where have I been?

It seems like I get home and the last thing I want to do is type on the computer...that or I've had nothing to say!
So week in recap:
Monday - walked from work to home and then home to noodles. The home/noodles/home trip was just over 5k and even though I was wearing proper runners, I buggered both legs! Knees absolutely throbbed - I was miserable...good thing I had a chiro appointment on Wednesday. But noodles were worth every moment of pain, as I haven't had them for a few weeks...really miss the routine of Thursday night noodles.

Tuesday - decided to tackle some stairs at lunch, but only managed one round before meeting up with one of the regulars and catching up our summers. Made up for it at Boot Camp later, trust me. After a quick visit with H and her mom, I swung by Safeway and picked up a roasted chicken, which I've picked at over the last few days - salads, quesidillas, etc.

Wednesday - had a good, slow run at lunch. Took a bit to get the hips and knees working in unison, but persevered. Went to chiro, where just sitting in the waiting room caused my knee to throb. Laid with the heat pad (ooooooooooo....that's good!) before Dr. J came in and started working on my leg. Told him about the troubles I've been having (okay walking, running and standing - it's when I sit and lay down that I have pain), so he went at the problem areas. A good crack of the hip/pelvis (OMG, but that's good!!!) before he grabbed my one foot and PULLED!! I swear every bone and tendon from my knee down disengaged before snapping back into place!! Before I could react, he did the same with the other foot. Can't say I enjoyed that quite so much! My session was free (referral reward) which was nice, although I've been talked into twice a week in October. Granted, I also want to get back to being pain free, but the benefit coverage at work has run out, so this is all out of pocket now. I'll make it work, somehow. Walked home (okay...hobbled home) and had some dinner before dealing with potential tenant from hell...I want to move in, but not this suite, but that suite, but wait, no I want to move to Toronto now, so get my money back...ARGH!!! Getting really weary of being Schneider...good thing the rent (or lack thereof) is worth it.

Today - slept a little better last night, although Tuesday's shoulder work flared up my rotator cuff problem, and we had fit test tonight. Just went for a walk at lunch (didn't want to jinx anything), to try and keep the legs loose. They were a tad sore and achy going into Boot Camp, but I would push through. Felt it in the run (off pace by 20 seconds - OMG!) but the legs were feeling better running up the hill (??) than down. Between the legs and the shoulder, I was off on a few things - push ups: 1 less then last time. Plank: about 15 seconds less. Hold squat: about 10 seconds less. Even my crunches were off - don't know why, but still managed 65 in 60 seconds. What I am really, really, really pleased about though is the additional 7 inches that I lost this round!!! That's 13" in total in the last 18 weeks, and 18.5 pounds. This is why I push through the pain...maybe not the best idea, but results are spurring me on and I don't want to quit and lose momentum.
Broken down from May 19th to Sept 17th:
weight: down 18.5 pounds (and more importantly, under 200 pounds for the first time in years)
arm: -0.5"
bust: -2.1" (and I think it's all off the back and not the front! At least that's what I tell myself!!)
waist: -1.75"
hips: -3.0"
thigh: -3.5"
calf: -2.0"
total: -12.85"
Have I mentioned that Boot Camp rocks?!?!?!
Okay...the weekend is almost here. Going to do some cleaning and hopefully get one or two suites rented out. And I'd like to wander around the Home Show, which Trainer Josh gave us passes for. That's nice, as I wouldn't normally go and pay the entrance fee. I don't own a home or a garden, so why would I pay? But for free? Free is good.
Have a good one where ever you are!
Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

Whoo hoo!

Rest is not a bad thing. I'm just saying...