MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday walk

It appears that the sprint work we did on Friday not just buggered my legs, but really buggered my already buggered legs!!! I woke up about 4am almost in tears, thinking it's too early to call and bail on H. for our run today. Last long run before Melissa's, and I can barely walk from my bedroom to the kitchen for more painkillers! But I managed to get settled down, and when I woke up at 7:30, they didn't feel bad. Not great, mind you, and so not ready to run, but not bad.
Had a quick brekkie of oatmeal (oats, milk, craisons, almond butter) and the leftover latte from yesterday. Picked up some knee sleeves at Walmart yesterday, as I thought they couldn't hurt. With all the IT problems I've been having, anything is better than nothing.
Got to H.'s and after hobbling out to the street, we (okay, she - I am rather stubborn/stupid in this sense) decided to walk the 8k, rather than run it and risk further injury. So we walked our usual route through Rideau, past Stanley Park, over through Parkview (??) and to the edge of Sandy Beach. Turn around and return. The rain had stopped for a bit, but started again at about the 5K mark...at least it wasn't horrible outside, and although it was a cool +8, we were both saying we were warm under our rain jackets. I do love this time of year though, as the leaves change, and all the different colours are around, and the air is crisp and clear. I Heart Fall.
Did not bad for time either, all things considered. We maintained an average pace of 9:19/km, which is only a minute slower than our long run last week. I hope to have everything in good working order by next Saturday, so that I can aim for decent finishing time.
Which is what, exactly?? Last year we finished near the end of the pack, at 3:13, only beating 4 others to the finish line. So any time faster than that will be perfectly wonderful this year. I'd like to match my PB for a Half, which is 2:40, but we'll see if the body cooperates. Interesting though, as I read a blog earlier today where the writer bitterly complained about her pathetic run and time of 2:23 for a Half...wow, perspective is different for us all, huh? I'd be thrilled to run that fast and she's acting like it's the end of the world.
Cooling off now, so I think I'll go forage for something warm for lunch, start some curry in the slow cooker for dinner and head out and run some errands.
Later,

1 comment:

H-woman said...

Oy! To finish a half in 2:30 would send me over the moon! Upright,smiling and uninjured. That's all I need.

H =)