MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling good...

Not sure what Dr. Jay did but something worked last night! He really attacked my hip and sciatica (actually had tears in my eyes!) but I walked like a relatively normal person today! Even now, there's the occasional twinge but nothing like what it's been...can't wait to sleep the night through tonight!
I did go to the Running Room and picked up a pair of Asics runners...I don't know why I let myself get talked out of what I want, but it happened again a few weeks back, and I've totally suffered for it. Today, I went in and came out with Asics GT2140's, which are the runners I like - they fit right, they don't hurt my feet, and I have better running gait with them...granted, turns out that they were the wrong size, but nothing a quick trip in tomorrow won't fix! I'll make sure I wear them for our long weekend runs (13km this weekend) and use the Saucony's for the shorter, weekday runs.
Boot Camp rocked, yet again!! I've said it before and I'll say it again...I HEART TRAINER JOSH!!! Wish I could clone him and make one for my very own. What I really like (and curse) about him is that he always keeps our cardio going...we start with a run, we always run in between toning and keeps things mixed up and fresh. And he's funny! You try holding plank for 30 seconds while he's singing the plankity-plank song!
Quick trip into Safeway to pick up some things for tomorrow's BBQ after Boot Camp...the M/W/F group decided that since tomorrow is their last night of the current session, they would book the picnic tables (yes, the very ones we work out on!) and get some burgers and such and celebrate a successful summer. I'm going to make the Epicure Spinach dip, and H-woman is going to bring hummus and carrots from her garden. Should be fun, especially considering the weather is supposed to be in the high 20's all weekend. I love Calgary in the fall!
Came home, and ate the rest of the meat sauce on whole wheat egg noodles. And was still hungry, so after waiting a good 20 minutes, I had a whole wheat tortilla dipped in salsa and light sour cream. I meant to take pictures, but then didn't...maybe tomorrow!
Got to go make the dip, clean up my portable BBQ and change the litter. Again, the good times never stop around here!
Later,

No comments: