MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weekly Challenges complete!

So the Monday challenge this week was to move your gym activity to the great outdoors.
Well...


THIS is MY gym...

This is my treadmill...H-woman and I running on the treadmill...

This is the TV in my gym...look, we even get the Home & Garden channel!

This is my StairMaster!! H-woman found the one on the left (did two full loops)...on the right is our Tuesday/Thursday Boot Camp StairMaster. H-woman demonstrates the "beloved" squats while going up the stairs! I'll be sure to get a snap of the other StairMaster I use at work...

We started our workout with a brisk walk (Trainer Josh worked us hard last night...we'll run tomorrow!) up the Rideau Hill and down 3-Post hill on the other side - excellent hill that we think we'll show Trainer Josh so he can incorporate it into future Boot Camps - which lead to our usual route along the river. However, we doubled back and climbed the stairs (picture on the left) which wound their way back up to the top of the hill! We then returned down and to the path, and walked towards and into Stanley Park, going past to the Elbow Drive turnaround, and returning back into the park. That's where we began Phase 2 (Work-out Wednesday Challenge) following the planned Triceps Toners Pyramid.

Triceps Push-ups (or chatarangas (sp???) as H-woman likes to call them) - I am very bad at these, so I followed the method that was demonstrated in the video posted. Or at least I tried!

Next, Triceps dips (using outside workout bench!)

Lastly, side Triceps One-armed Push-ups.
Do 8 of each, then 12 of each, then (Oh, Holy Mother!!!) 15 of each, back to 12 and lastly, amazingly, the final 8 reps!!! And just because are suckers for punishment, we finished with some crunches, V-sit, Squeegees, squats (I HEART squats!!) and plank.

We may be smiling, but we do not heart Amy right now!! LOL!! Maybe I'll heart her tomorrow, but that's only if I can actually lift my coffee to my lips!

Walked back towards H's place, but decided to take one more crack at the stairs (and tried to run them...almost made it to the top, before my lungs reminded me that I still have a chest cold!), before crossing the top of the ridge, and back down Rideau Road. Total of just over 5.5 km in all, and that included a lot of climbing and good cardio bursts.

Got to H's home just as her mother and nephew showed up for a visit, jumped in my car and came home, changed into dry clothes (yes, Amy, I sweat...I do not glow, glisten, gleam, sparkle, dew, or perspire...I sweat!!!) and then made a quick lunch from my Farmer's market purchases of fresh baby carrots (OMG!), mini English cucumber, Roma tomato, medium Edam and some cottage cheese.
Now going to clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher and see if I can pull any of the weeds along my building. Then maybe a nap will be in order. And I just decided that I'm having baked "fried" chicken for supper, just because I can!
Oh, and weigh-in this week saw another pound kissed goodbye!! Yahoo!!
Have a good one, everyone!





















































































































































No comments:

Blog Archive