MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Boot Camp Rocks!

I may be exhausted and physically drained, but dang it, I LOVE Boot Camp!! I love that Trainer Josh can push me, and I respond in kind. This is what I've been looking for...surprised that it took so long. Take tonight's class, for example...I am beat...I've already run at lunch (I am a masochist!) and Josh still managed to get me (okay, I got me!) to run up a rather steep hill, not once, not twice but 4 times!! I am going to feel this all tomorrow, but that's what I love about it. I know I'm working hard and it's paying off. Someone commented on how my face is thinning today (I think he didn't want to cross boundaries and comment on my overall weight loss!) and I noticed that when I look down, I don't see belly!!

Had a nasty weekend of eating though...I was tired, I was bored, I was flitting from food to food. Dinner one night became spinach dip and tortillas, another night gross chicken wings and pot-stickers. I know better...I feel better when I eat better, yet it didn't stop me. But I decided to get things back on track yesterday, starting my day with a Green Monster - I think the healthiness of it gets my mind & body more focused on consuming good things the rest of the day. After all, I didn't have one Thursday...or Friday...or Saturday...or Sunday! And that just set the ball rolling...missed Boot Camp (and lunch time run) on Thursday - granted, my car broke, so we were unavoidably detained...did go for a good hike on Friday, and celebrated with ice cream! Did the stairs Saturday morning, and spent the rest of the day napping! Cut the lawn Sunday, but that was about it for getting the blood pumping.

Nope...I need my monsters...started yesterday with one, and while I didn't eat enough during the day (my bad!) I did go for a long walk and then Boot Camp last night. Came home and made a Greek Pasta salad and grilled chicken. Had those leftovers for lunch today, which followed a monster for breakfast and stairs & toning at lunch. Then Boot Camp again tonight, and I'm back to feeling like I did before the weekend. Yay! It's stinking hot in Calgary right now too, so trying to train smart, by keeping water close by, wearing a hat and staying in the shade as much as possible. The heatwave (or as some of you would call it "summer") is supposed to last till Saturday, so I'll have to play safe for the rest of the week. Planning on a flat run and some toning tomorrow at lunch, then Boot Camp again (H-woman will be enjoying Folk Fest the rest of the week, so we're going on different nights), hills & toning on Thursday, and Boot Camp (if I can walk there in time), and a nice flat run & toning on Friday. Maybe a short run & toning on Saturday and then maybe a longer run on Sunday, since it's supposed to be a cooler day. I just know that I got my groove back, and who am I to look a gift-horse in the mouth?!

I'm going to put some kind of lunch together, and then hit the sack and try to sleep...this is the part of heat that I don't like! It's supposed to get cold at night in Calgary, not stay hot and sticky! Yuck...I don't know how people in the tropics do it...they must be very crabby all the time from the lack of zzz's!

Oh, and on a side note, I had a dental cleaning this morning. Some background - after my appointment in January, and yet another lecture on flossing, I was in the RealAge website and took the test. And much to my dismay, I was only 6 months younger than my physical age! And the big kicker??? Flossing!!! So, starting that night (January 12th) I vowed to floss every night before I went to bed, and I have not missed a night since!! So, hygienist girl was digging around in there, and it didn't feel like the usual "coal miner with a pick-ax", so I asked how it looked. She said, "well, your gums are a little red, and there's some staining, but it's not bad...I see by your file that you're not a flosser though, so it could be worse"...I said, I am a flosser now, and my gums are red because I've been mouth breathing while my sinuses have slammed shut for the summer (joy of being allergic to everything I inhale!)...ah ha!!! So I will keep up the flossing, re-take the test and see where it leads me 6 months from now.

Okay...that's it for me...off to floss, make lunch and go to bed. Stay cool, everyone.

No comments:

Blog Archive