MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I planned my entire day around eating clean...and I did good! Started the morning with the usual Green Monster, but substituted 1% cottage cheese for the protein powder (and thus avoided artificial flavours and sweeteners)...didn't taste as good - missed the vanilla and forgot to put some in - and the cottage cheese when it's blitzed up goes very liquid, so I had a very LARGE monster this morning.


Got into work, and after my usual cup(s) of Joe (black, of course), I had a mid-morning snack of a Pink Lady apple and some more almond butter (I am totally addicted to this stuff...I'm going through JARS of it!). Thankfully Costco sells it cheap...if you're lucky enough to find it.


Went out for a run at lunch, not even knowing that was this week's Wednesday Workout Challenge - Yahoo!! Started my usual route, and decided while in the run that I would not stop today...and I didn't! I managed to run the whole 4.68km without walking, and maintained a rather decent pace, I must say!

And this was with legs still a little sore from yesterday's Boot Camp. I took the path pictures yesterday in the rain, but this is my usual route...the Bow River pathway system - from outside work (6th St), west to 14th St, cross the river, back to Prince's Island (roughly 3rd St), back across the river and back to work. Nice route with loads of scenery. Met up with a group of coworkers running their own boot camp, and put them to shame with my sweatiness!! I love it when my hair drips!!


Lunch today was salad (romaine lettuce, diced red pepper & carrots, one hard-boiled egg, Edam cheese and roast turkey). Made the dressing with evoo, red wine vinegar, S&P and a bare little scant amount of Dijon mustard.


Had an afternoon snack (pre Boot Camp - went tonight so we can spend Friday hiking in the mountains and not have to worry about rushing back into the city) of a Larabar - Cinnamon flavour. It was pretty good, but I still think the coconut one is my favourite thus far. And munched on a banana on the way to camp (sans H-woman, as her neck was still really bothering her. We don't want to actually break her!)


H-woman certainly missed a classic camp tonight, as Trainer Josh dragged out his 'tickle trunk'...WT??? After running (second 20 minute run today) the Douglas Fir Trail, which was a bit more difficult, given all the rain this week - oh, and the fact that I (with Josh) just ran a killer hill yesterday! Wasn't too slippery, but you really had to watch how and where you planted your feet. Still managed to get to the top (not last!) AND burn out 2 good, fast laps of the final stairs before we headed back to our mats. I didn't have my camera on the actual run, but went back after camp to take some pics. It's amazing how you can easily forget that you are still in the middle of the city!

Another 20 minute run, and I still have a happy face!

So, Josh's new hell...jump over things.


I may have survived to the ripe old age of 46 without any broken bones, but I am still one major klutz!!! After running Douglas Fir, we returned, grabbed our weights (lunge walked them) and moved them out to a certain spot, on the other side of the mini-hurdles. Then we started on our mats and did 12 push-ups. Jump up (he is big on that!) and run over to the hurdles where we jumped, feet together, to the end, run to our weights and do 8 thrusters (combines a squat and shoulder press at once), run back and jump over the hurdles again, and back to the mat for push-ups...repeat 3 times. Break for water. THEN he brought out the rope ladders, laid them on the ground, and it started all over again. Twenty squeegees, jump up, high-knee run through the ladder, jump the hurdles and off to the weights for bicep curls. Return same way...repeat...three times. Oh, and to mix it up, you could do cross-over steps instead of high-knees! Oh boy, can we?!?! Finished the class with some V-sit shoulder presses and a lot of core work: static leg raise, scissor kicks, plank, plank row, superman and oblique crunches...just realized that my abs are not happy with me right now. Oh, and these wicked sit-ups where you have to touch your foot of one leg, raised to knee height of your other leg. Trust me...you feel these almost immediately...I thank God I have such long arms!! Oh, and this last photo is a picture of the other hill Josh loves...doesn't really do it justice of showing how steep it is, but it's a killer! I will run that bad boy by the time I am done with Boot Camp...this I vow!!!


Couldn't face the idea of hot moussaka for dinner after boot camp, so decided I would pop into Safeway on the way home and grab some shrimp to grill and top my salad with. Those turned into a lovely piece of Basa instead. I made another vinaigrette of lemon juice & grated skin, evoo, S&P, Epicure Souvlaki seasoning mix (nothing artificial or filler or fake of any kind) and some red wine vinegar. Brushed the fish with that and grilled it on the griddler while I chopped the rest of the veggies for the salad. Some beautiful kalamata olives and fresh cow feta (both from the Greek Ladies at the Farmer's market) to round it out, toss with the dressing, and dinner is done. And was eaten in about 2 minutes!!! I think I was hungry!


So now, I've got all my challenges done for the week. Off work for a few days to chill, and go hiking and what ever else comes my way. Mostly looking forward to sleeping in past 5:30!Although if I don't make it to bed before midnight, defeats the whole thing anyway, doesn't it?

Hope everyone had an awesome Wednesday!

Later,

1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go on the great run Carol! :)

Thanks for leaving the motherly comment on my blog. I'm going to the dentist today!

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Blog Archive