MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Death's grip...

That's how I'm feeling right now. One of my bosses kept insisting on meeting with me on Thursday, all the while he hacked and choked and spewed all over the place, so surprise, surprise, here I am today feeling like someone drove over me with a very large truck!! It's not pretty, and it's even in my one eye (which does this all the time, and so far no doctor can decide what's wrong or how to fix it - good news, it's already clearing up)


Started to feel it yesterday, when H. and I went up into the mountains. I thought it was allergies (cotton poplar fluff, which was wicked bad up there...who knew?) but when it continued all night and into this morning, I knew! But still didn't stop us from having an awesome time in Banff (even though it was a tad crowded) and Canmore. When the Lottery Gods come through, that's the first place where I'm buying! It's just so beautiful and peaceful up there. I am very Zen when I get into the mountains. Discovered the gardens surrounding the original Parks Canada office (and named for the gentleman that started Parks Canada), although my photo doesn't do it justice. We'll have to back in August when everything is in full bloom. Everything is so late this year, with our extended winter out west.
We had a great lunch at the Rose & Crown (after climbing some very steep steps) and I did post an Operation Beautiful note (although I forgot to take a picture) that said "Smile, you're beautiful". There was a tourist in the washroom after I posted it, but I don't know if she read English or not...she and her spouse were speaking German or something when they walked out. But I did leave it there for anyone to find.
I also took a picture of what I have beside my mirror, so I can see it in the morning. In case you can't read it, it says "I am...strong, flawed, open-minded, not perfect, willing to try, full of potential, not believing the hype, LOVED, gifted, fascinating and woman." I found this in a card shop...yes, it's a blank card, so I bought it, bought a frame and immediately hung it up.
I'm off to bed...the alarm will be going off way too soon, despite me sleeping most of today! However, if I still feel as bad in the morning as I do now, I will be staying at home in bed. I don't want to miss any Trainer Josh sessions, so have to be healthy (or a semblence of) by Tuesday!






No comments:

Blog Archive