MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, July 6, 2009

Starting to feel better

It felt very decadent, but staying at home on my couch all day was a good thing. Throat is still a little sore, but we'll swish with Listerine tonight and hopefully kill anything lingering back there. The blowing and coughing has eased off, which is good. I hate having a cold.

Today I actually felt like eating, so I had a Green Monster, Ezekiel English muffin with almond butter and home-made raspberry jam (made by me, fresh picked (last fall!) from my parent's yard) and tried not to think about cookies, chips, more cookies, cake...man, I was obviously very bored today! Nothing a nap didn't help me a avoid, so I survived the day. Was going to have a refried black bean burrito, until I realized my beans had turned into a science experiment in my fridge, so then I began to waver on healthy and look for quick. Then I found the Mac & Cheese recipe in a Clean Eating magazine, and it turned out awesome. Granted, I didn't have the brown, nun-ground, Tuesday picked rice flour (okay, so it wasn't that extreme, but I still didn't have it!) but it was still good. I also substituted Edam and Gouda for Swiss - work with what you have. A couple of bison wieners fresh off my Griddler, with a dollop of Epicure Sweet & Spicy mustard, and dinner was done. I snacked on some carrots to up the veggie intake, but again, I had a monster for breakfast which has 3 servings in it alone.


And now I'm going to sip some water, and head for bed early to try and shake this thing. I'll call in sick once...I admit I have trouble with more than that! Blame my folks!!

Later,

No comments:

Blog Archive