MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My goals

Mulled on these all week...I admit I have trouble when I try to write them down, but here goes anyway.

Long Term:
Reach goal weight of 170 this year! I have been a Weight Watchers member for almost 11 years now, and yes, I am very good at maintenance...now I just need to prove that I can hit goal just as well! I admit I'm a stubbornly slow learner, but enough is enough. The switch has finally been flicked, and I'm on a roll. I WILL keep it up!


I will reach goal by:
- continuing to attend weekly meetings/weigh-ins, despite Weight Watchers Alberta's best attempts to allude me (they keep closing the meetings I go to!)
- continue with Boot Camp 3 times a week. I HEART Boot Camp and Trainer Josh...I am seeing such awesome results: that is what is keeping me going.
- sounds like too much exercise, but I will also keep up my lunchtime work outs. I absolutely hate just sitting at my desk, and the pathway and the river call out to me. It's crazy not to take advantage of my free outdoor gym so close to work!
- drink my water. I'm pretty good during the week, but do fall off on the weekends, so I'm being very conscious of the intake.
- journal. If I bite it, I write it - period. Simple, right?!


So, rewards for hitting goal. I've always bounced around with this, but I have a few ideas. The first is a tattoo. I want one to commemorate my first marathon in May anyway, and am trying to think of something personal that can incorporate that and hitting weight goal. OR a diamond circle pendant. Have it in my mind that I would try to get .75 or 1 carat of diamonds, to represent the pounds I've lost (including those that I found again along the journey!) and it would be a very visible thing. For example, I love the ring I bought for my marathon, and every time I look at it, I remember all the hard work training and the immense pride that I felt for finishing.

Or, the accountant in me wants to calculate roughly what it cost me to reach goal (I don't think I really want to see that number) and spend that much on clothes & shoes. I think I'll stick with a combination of the first two rewards!
Oh, and a smoking hot dress for the annual Christmas party at work!

Short Term Goals:
1) reach 199 pounds (for the first time in probably 6+ years!)...I am very close, so this one will be rewarded soon.
- How? By continuing the hard work I'm already doing. I should see this goal complete in the next 2 weeks.
- reward: new work outfit, head to toe.
2) Run Melissa's 22K faster than last year. In fact, I'd like to see it completed in 2.5 hours. That will be a PB for a half for me, as well.
- How? Training starts on Monday. H-woman and I are going to run after Boot Camp and on the weekends, getting in some good, consistent long runs. And I will focus on running at lunch, to get the mileage up.
- reward: mmmm...this one is hard. I can't say new runners, because I'll need them for the race...I have tons of outfits...oh, here we go. A new, decent winter running outfit. After all, it's approaching (hard to imagine in +29C weather, but it is coming!), and I do love to run in the snow.
3) Losing weight by the decade (every 10 pounds).
- How? Keep up the work listed in the long term goal. Just be sure to celebrate every decade I go down.
- reward: new outfit, head to toe.
4) De-cluttering my life (I think this also affects your weight).
- How? Focus on one room/closet at a time. Get in, get it cleaned out and leave it like that. Chip away, a little at a time, since the job is overwhelming to look at as it is.
- reward: funky home furnishings.

Okay...that's it. Time for me to go make dinner. Should have it done just in time for the guy who was calling me at 6:30 (mmmm...he's late) and showing up at 7 (still late) to see the suite, to actually show up and completely ruin it for me!

I love renting suites...it is such a joy dealing with all the jerks out there!

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

Wow... you're so inspiring... I just know you'll reach your goals...

I read your comment on Caitlin's blog... you've inspired me... I'll talk to him ASAP... thank you!

Carol said...

Aww...thanks! I honestly can't imagine inspiring someone else, so thank you again.

And do tell him... You'll never know unless you take that step. No one wins at the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" game. Good luck!

Blog Archive