MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sweatin' Saturday...

And it's got nothing to do with exercise! It's currently 29C (84F) and it's been like this since Tuesday...I don't mind the heat during the day, I just hate the fact that it hasn't been cooling off at night. That's what everyone complains about Calgary about...way to prove them all wrong. I did manage to finally get some sleep last night...think it had something to do with the "surpassed dosage recommendations" of Advil, and utter exhaustion!! Even had a wee nap this afternoon, so I may just catch up on my sleep by the time the temps start to drop to the mid 20's.

With everyone else I know all enjoying Folk Fest, I decided to stay home and putter around the building. Okay, a) I still don't have my car, and b) I was waiting for a fridge for one of the suites, and to show it (hopefully) to prospective tenants. I do have some guy showing up in about an hour, although the one that called mid-week, who would be here between "noon & 4" was a no-show. Grrr... I hate it when people do that...if you find someplace else, it just takes a quick phone call.

Just waiting on a beet to roast up in the oven (wrapped in foil, like a potato...I hear it makes it quite tasty) as I'm going to make the Salmon & Goat Cheese salad that Angie blogged about a few weeks back. It was supposed to be supper last night, but after walking home in the heat, with a stop at the grocery and then drug store, dinner turned into corn chips, salsa and 7% sour cream. Not sure how that happened (mmph, yeah) but by the time I was done noshing, I knew an official dinner was out of the question. Did up the maple pecans (I don't like walnuts) and it's very hard resisting them in the kitchen...there's something about warm, sugary pecans that just calls out to me!!

After I show the suite and finish supper, I'm going to go for a walk. I think it'll be nice, as the sun won't be as intense. And maybe that will help me cool down a tad. Then up early tomorrow, to go for a run, go to the grocery store, get my mom's jeep and head out to an Epicure party. Heck, I need the money to pay for my car!


That's it for me...off to melt some more. Sorry, by the way, for all the soggy bloggers out in Ontario...I'll take some of your rain and cold, really I will!!! Trade?!?!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Did you hear about the drought in some part of India. It seems they are trying out a no-fail solution. They have their unwed daughters plow the fields nude after sunset hoping to embarras the Gods enough for it to start raining. The girls get help from the female village elders. No word if they are also nude!

Should we try it here???? Out west to get rain and here in the east to STOP it! :)

Carol said...

It actually looks like it wants to rain today, and I think the temp is only 19 or 20...I'm getting very tired of listening to fans going all day/night, so the break from the heat will be a relief! Don't know if I'm quite ready for the 'naked outside plowing' part yet. Think I'll just wait to see what El Nino (is that the one??) has in store for us. Nice pool, by the way.

Cathy said...

thanks, but, 'whine, whine', it's raining again!
When are you comming as it looks like our plans to venture west are swiftly fading????

Blog Archive